Static Day Length 7779.6s?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
tpreissler
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Static Day Length 7779.6s?

Post by tpreissler »

Hi,

I am playing AB with Clockwork, Solar Calc and few other QoL mods...

I noticed that Solar Calc is reporting my "Day length" as 7779.6s, though my Clockwork setting for "Daylength Multiplier"
is set to 4.321. No matter what I change in CW, Solar Calc is always showing 7779.6s...
If I load other saves, with the same mods, they have a setting of something like 1800s. But then again, changing the Daylength
in CW doesn't have any effects.

I am playing on Windows, but I copied all my mods onto my Linux, unpacked them and searched for ".daytime", that's some
variable I figured is used by CW. I have disabled all those mods - but to no avail, I am still seeing 7779.6s.
This is what I gathered from https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Clockwork ... 542836d9a6.

I tried to reset the CW settings according to https://mods.factorio.com/mod/Clockwork ... 1e8a990726,
again to no avail, a save with default settings and no CW loaded (and a Daylength multiplier of 1) still shows 7779...

I figured that I could load my save as a scenario, then edit the length of a day in ticks, saving that and continue from there - still
accepting the fact that CW doesn't manage anything.
I am not too keen on using LUA scripts, but if there is a way, so be it.

Has either of you had anything like that?
How can I fix this somehow?

Cheers

Tom

FuryoftheStars
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Static Day Length 7779.6s?

Post by FuryoftheStars »

I use clockwork myself and can say it does work.

I haven’t used solar calc, though. It’s possible solar calc calculates the day length at start and stores this away rather than recalculating it each time it’s needed. As such, changing the day length with clockwork does not get updated in solar calc.

This is a guess, though.
My Mods: Classic Factorio Basic Oil Processing | Sulfur Production from Oils | Wood to Oil Processing | Infinite Resources - Normal Yield | Tree Saplings (Redux) | Alien Biomes Tweaked | Restrictions on Artificial Tiles

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”