Mod that scales biter hardness in perpetuity?

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Mod that scales biter hardness in perpetuity?

Post by christian »

I'm looking for a mod that would keep making the biters harder and harder and harder. Where a simple wall with turrents and bots to repair won't be sufficient enough. At present, when you reach max evolution the biters just stop being a challenge.

My idea would be something like an endless survival mod. Where they just keep getting tougher and tougher and come in bigger waves, and you'd have to build backup defenses on top of backup defenses... and it just keeps getting harder until you lose eventually. Oh and Rampant mod is okay but at some point it also stops getting harder IIRC.

The challenge and accomplishment will be determined by how many game hours you can last. Perhaps a timer in the corner marked "days", and every game hour is 1 day.

SyncViews
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Mod that scales biter hardness in perpetuity?

Post by SyncViews »

I have some code and test stuff around for some of that, although not geared entirely towards survival (that is to say, not timer based currently).

Not sure how much demand there is, things need a lot of testing, and I am not skilled at graphics. Providing the biters a way to counter things the player can easily "exploit" has been a main aspect of what I was doing (e.g. artillery easily clearing out bases so far out they don't get pollution, other things that drastically reduce pollution with no downside, spamming laser turrets, etc.).

As well as completely new opponents, like "pirate bases" that can then use the same arsenal as the players (tied into a scenario/story concept I had).

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

Have you tried raising the end-game worms range to the point where they can duel with (manual!) artillery ?

christian, have you tried Natural Evoilution Enemies already?
It looks like that it's not technically *endless*, but 20 levels should last a while ! :twisted:
(longer than Bob's Enemies / Rampant's Enemies ?)

BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

Veden
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Veden »

christian wrote:
Fri Feb 22, 2019 12:07 am
I'm looking for a mod that would keep making the biters harder and harder and harder. Where a simple wall with turrents and bots to repair won't be sufficient enough. At present, when you reach max evolution the biters just stop being a challenge.

My idea would be something like an endless survival mod. Where they just keep getting tougher and tougher and come in bigger waves, and you'd have to build backup defenses on top of backup defenses... and it just keeps getting harder until you lose eventually. Oh and Rampant mod is okay but at some point it also stops getting harder IIRC.

The challenge and accomplishment will be determined by how many game hours you can last. Perhaps a timer in the corner marked "days", and every game hour is 1 day.
What did you set the enemy max level to for Rampant enemies?

Currently the level 10 biters have roughly ~30000 HP.

christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by christian »

Thanks guys I will try your suggestions. The pic for that evolution mod looks VERY interesting.

christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by christian »

Veden wrote:
Fri Mar 01, 2019 7:45 pm
What did you set the enemy max level to for Rampant enemies?

Currently the level 10 biters have roughly ~30000 HP.
Don't remember exactly, I think I just left it on default. But IIRC all I had to do was build 2 rows of turrets and never had problems with biters after that. But I tell you, playing bobs/angels with rampant on is pretty fun and challenging at first. But after you get enough production to build rows of turrets, the problem's solved.

Oh yeah and I don't even mess with artillery. With bobs it's a little easier because of the sniper turret.

BlueTemplar
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by BlueTemplar »

That's because sniper turrets are indeed overpowered :
viewtopic.php?p=302690#p302690
(though I hear that the last tier of Bob's Enemies might at least need rows of them?)

Try playing without using them !
BobDiggity (mod-scenario-pack)

christian
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by christian »

If you play rampant you'll need 2 rows of sniper turrets (no spacing). Even then, expanding with rampant on is pretty challenging. Love the challenge tho. Love the frustration it generates lol.

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”