expansion of the game from vanilla

Looking for a mod? Have a review on a mod you'd like to share?
nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

expansion of the game from vanilla

Post by nosports »

The jump von vanilla to one of the big mod seems very far for me so i wanted to ask the comunity if there is/are some mods which steps in between the vanilla and on of the big mods (like bobs, 5dims, angels,.....)

I just could not find anything fittin......

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: expansion of the game from vanilla

Post by steinio »

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/aai-industry

AAI Industries is just a bit more complex...

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

Looking for exactly the same thing. I'm in the middle of a seablock (angels/bobs) playthrough and have discovered I just don't have enough time to commit to that. So I'm hoping for a mod that's maybe 2X the complexity of vanilla, rather than ~10X. I'll take a look at AAI industries.

darkfrei
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by darkfrei »

Something like "easy Bob"?

xfir01
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by xfir01 »

If you're interested in seablock without angel/bob's complexity you can try Basic Seablock

https://mods.factorio.com/mod/BasicSeaBlock

nosports
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by nosports »

Yeah, something like that bob-light or halfed..... :lol:

I decided to give it a little stab at modding myself....... :oops:

I try not to break the base mod, more of an extension based on......
Thought i will include some little changes which will fill some holes in the base mod.

I don’t know how far I will come but I set up a little and try to learn the modding.
Hardest part will be the different gfx for the new things and buildings…..

If anyone has some idea what could be included – welcome.

Lazer/Electronic Tech was something lacking in my view

Add some sand/silicium tree for glas (needed then to produce the Lazer)
Use said silicium also for CPU-manufacturing and maybe produce some computers (like purple-Card), but not entirely clear whats to use for them afterward for now

Nuclear was something to easy to research and use for my feeling

(though I have all stored for this but not used, because I find it easier just to expand my solarfarms if needed)
As the tech somewhat totally different from normal I want it to require a special science-pod (using among other things some uranium, the heck how do you research uranium-power without uranium)
It could be an especially designed Lab with some lead-lining required for the nuclear-search ?
Maybe also use some computer(of above silicium-tree)
Make the use of nuclear somewhat difficultier ( I may think about some after work, like clearing, but for this there is some need of bad consequences because otherwise the used cell will be only stored away)
Additional stage for a fusion-reactor ??

Extending the rocket production/phase

Different recipe for rockets, using more fitting materials in my view (use of CFRP)
More distinct Rocketfuel (Rocket-fuel for boosters, some tanks of H2 / O2)
CFRP process (using oil / wood) to burn the fiber

Stacksize arty-wagon should be around 10 or 20

i find it ridiclous to have a artillery which includes the whole machinery and carry much more shells as an empty cargo-wagon
as compensation I will add an shell-stack (4 shells in a crate, number needs to be checked, so that this will not exceed the numbers if you have a full cargo-wagon for on-site-production of shells) so that a cargo-wagon can carry 180 shells; though some assembly required
crate should be wood for use of the resource, but if no wood anymore (or a game without) a steel-crate
need to figure out how to fetch all possible shells…..

Add an additional smelting process

works for now as process but need to be checked for feasibility/numbers, at least the player should be rewarded for a more complicated build
(what I found is that switching from (simple?) smelting to blast-smelting leads to a reduction of coal usage of 70% and an increase of iron of 200%)

Fit in some steam-age

There is a thread for this, but as with 0.17 there will be a possibility to use fluid as a energy source, I will postphone this for the time being

Return to “Questions, reviews and ratings”