General Discussion

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

Tardan
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: General Discussion

Post by Tardan »

i want to try the mod, but didnt find a description what all this mod packages change?

can you provide a link with all downloads in one archiv? the many pop ups from the download sides are annoying.

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

Hi, we made different archives because not everybody want the entire mod. It´s not really difficult download each part.

Each module change a thing, it´s really a big conversion of the game, I advice you to try it, it´s better than a description.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SHiRKiT »

What does the Resources module do?

Shanix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shanix »

In the changelog, would it be possible to get more than 'balance changes' as changes? I'd like to know what was balanced before downloading the new version, so I can prepare for something like power generation lowered or something along those lines, you know?

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

SHiRKiT wrote:What does the Resources module do?
Sorry, i didnt see post :(
Resource module allow you to use mashers for increase plates (iron and copper).
Shanix wrote:In the changelog, would it be possible to get more than 'balance changes' as changes? I'd like to know what was balanced before downloading the new version, so I can prepare for something like power generation lowered or something along those lines, you know?
Is just recipes, technology cost, but i cant remember all changelog.

i'm trying to adjust all recipes, technologies and cost.
I want advance to beta mods (0.1.0) are minor changes but a lot.

Shanix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shanix »

McGuten wrote:
Shanix wrote:In the changelog, would it be possible to get more than 'balance changes' as changes? I'd like to know what was balanced before downloading the new version, so I can prepare for something like power generation lowered or something along those lines, you know?
Is just recipes, technology cost, but i cant remember all changelog.

i'm trying to adjust all recipes, technologies and cost.
I want advance to beta mods (0.1.0) are minor changes but a lot.
Yeah, I get that, I really do, but it's essentially saying 'changes' in the changelog. Yeah, we get it, there are changes, but we want to know what changed. What if you nerfed the steam engines to half their current output? I'd want to know that ahead of time. I mean mate, if can't remember, I could start posting unofficial changelogs of everything difference between files if you want, it's a simple compare plugin for any text editor.

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

To be fair its pretty simple just to load your game and see what changes as well. If power output suddenly halved that should tell you all you need to know.

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

@McGuten
Would you consider making your signature picture a bit.. smaller?
It really gets in way when reading your posts - and things like change log for 5 dim looks like banner mania. Makes me want to teach my banner remover to skip the image.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Shanix wrote:Yeah, I get that, I really do, but it's essentially saying 'changes' in the changelog. Yeah, we get it, there are changes, but we want to know what changed. What if you nerfed the steam engines to half their current output? I'd want to know that ahead of time. I mean mate, if can't remember, I could start posting unofficial changelogs of everything difference between files if you want, it's a simple compare plugin for any text editor.
Maybe you can tell me how to do it, its a good idea i think ^^ (I use Notepad++ for make a mod)

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

McGuten wrote:
Shanix wrote:Yeah, I get that, I really do, but it's essentially saying 'changes' in the changelog. Yeah, we get it, there are changes, but we want to know what changed. What if you nerfed the steam engines to half their current output? I'd want to know that ahead of time. I mean mate, if can't remember, I could start posting unofficial changelogs of everything difference between files if you want, it's a simple compare plugin for any text editor.
Maybe you can tell me how to do it, its a good idea i think ^^ (I use Notepad++ for make a mod)
If you don't already I suggest you use a version control system. I use P4 at work and SVN at home, these tools generally have a gui that will show you file diffs (not that you can't do this without version control, but it makes it a lot easier). They also have a host of other benefits including file history and change list descriptions.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

billw wrote:
McGuten wrote:
If you don't already I suggest you use a version control system. I use P4 at work and SVN at home, these tools generally have a gui that will show you file diffs (not that you can't do this without version control, but it makes it a lot easier). They also have a host of other benefits including file history and change list descriptions.
I will test it, Thanks you ^^

EDIT: finally i download a simple plugin for notepad++ and is so usefull thanks guys ^^

Shanix
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Shanix »

McGuten wrote:
billw wrote:
McGuten wrote:
I will test it, Thanks you ^^

EDIT: finally i download a simple plugin for notepad++ and is so usefull thanks guys ^^
The Compare plugin, right? Yeah, that's a good one. Notepad++ is perfect for this.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Shanix wrote:The Compare plugin, right? Yeah, that's a good one. Notepad++ is perfect for this.
Yeah, it is ^^

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Please could you reduce height of the mods banners? Especially one used in your signature.
It makes reading any threads with it painful - and changes thread here with double the banners is simply unreadable. Need to find the small bits of text plastered between big banners.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

orzelek wrote:Please could you reduce height of the mods banners? Especially one used in your signature.
It makes reading any threads with it painful - and changes thread here with double the banners is simply unreadable. Need to find the small bits of text plastered between big banners.
Better?

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

McGuten wrote:
orzelek wrote:Please could you reduce height of the mods banners? Especially one used in your signature.
Better?
It's the height that crates this impression for me. It's purely personal preference probably.
Width reduction also helps - it's not that overwhelming now :)
Thanks for modifying it.

billw
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by billw »

I agree, it does make reading the 5dim threads painful, however I found you can turn off signatures in board settings and now its much nicer!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

billw wrote:
I agree, it does make reading the 5dim threads painful, however I found you can turn off signatures in board settings and now its much nicer!
Ohh haven't searched there. Thanks :D

Paljoey
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Paljoey »

So far with this modpack it's great. However with the vehicle pack, it's not so great. For instance the air plane is super slow, and is not actually an airplane. (Biters can still bite it.)

Also with the solar panels, I find it's not worth it to upgrade since they only give you a 30 kW boost per upgrade, when it costs basically one more solar panel per upgrade. So it's cheaper and more efficient with your materials to just stick to the basic ones. I suppose I would only upgrade if I were short on space. I love the textures though.

Anyways, I'm looking forward to what you come out with next, especially the war module.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Paljoey wrote:So far with this modpack it's great. However with the vehicle pack, it's not so great. For instance the air plane is super slow, and is not actually an airplane. (Biters can still bite it.)
It is intentional, because if it is so fast and bitters cant hit on it... that make air plane so op i think
Paljoey wrote:Also with the solar panels, I find it's not worth it to upgrade since they only give you a 30 kW boost per upgrade, when it costs basically one more solar panel per upgrade. So it's cheaper and more efficient with your materials to just stick to the basic ones. I suppose I would only upgrade if I were short on space. I love the textures though.
It is fixed in next release, Thanks you for reporting.
Paljoey wrote:Anyways, I'm looking forward to what you come out with next, especially the war module.
I have a half modules module, when it is released we start war module

Return to “5dim's mod”