General Discussion

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

General Discussion

Post by odin_spain »

== 5dim's mod ==

You can post here about all modules

This is the first release of a group of modules, we are working to create a great mod with a lot of changes in all areas:

Core (released)
Greater stacks, greater inventory

Energy (released)
New engines, more electric poles, acumulators and solar panels.

Automatization (released)
Large variety of inserters (side, extra long...), more asemblies machines

Transport (released)
New chests, longer underground transport belt, more underground pipes.

Trains (released)
Electric trains, logistic wagons, combat wagons, Roboport Carriage, Accumulator Carriage (rescued from https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=3926 )

Minning (released)
More minning with more speed and more range since mk1 to mk3

Logistic (released)
New roboport and robots

Decoration (released)
Banners, letters with light, objects and floors (idea taken from https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... t=4521)

Resources (released)
Add mashers for obtain dust and plates

War :
(soon)
Modules :
(soon)
Vehicles :
(soon)
Screenshot
By Odin_Spain and McGuten
Last edited by odin_spain on Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:33 pm, edited 38 times in total.

berni1212
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.8] 5dim's mod

Post by berni1212 »

Its only for Version 11.8 or ?

THe Trains
Sorry for my bad English ! i will not remove it !
WIP Test MODS
RailTanker [MP WIP]

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

berni1212 wrote:Its only for Version 11.8 or ?

THe Trains
We have developed the mod in version 0.11.8, do not know if it will work in others.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

Tell please what will be included in this modpack? Will you use polular big mods like dytech, treefarm, f-mod, bob mods, youki industries and another?
Nickname on ModPortal - Naron79

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

aklesey1 wrote:Tell please what will be included in this modpack? Will you use polular big mods like dytech, treefarm, f-mod, bob mods, youki industries and another?

Yes, of course.

We want to do a big mod like those so we have big plans to the mod but we don´t like to say that we will do something before have it. We have a list of things and a route to do it.

We played Dytech, F-mod, treefarm, hardcorio...and is because of that we have brand new and awesome ideas to our mod.

ShneekeyTheLost
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by ShneekeyTheLost »

aklesey1 wrote:Tell please what will be included in this modpack? Will you use polular big mods like dytech, treefarm, f-mod, bob mods, youki industries and another?
I think there is a misunderstanding. This is not a mod pack. This is a mod with modules. They are creating this mod from scratch, not compiling other people's mods.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. It is a very ambitious project, but it is very well planned.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

ShneekeyTheLost wrote:I think there is a misunderstanding. This is not a mod pack. This is a mod with modules. They are creating this mod from scratch, not compiling other people's mods.

I'm actually pretty excited about this. It is a very ambitious project, but it is very well planned.

You've absolutely right, It´s not a single mod, it´s a bundle of modules in a mod, so people can play with one, two or all of them.

Thank you very much for the support !! we are working in the mod

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

McGuten wrote:
ShneekeyTheLost wrote:I think there is a misunderstanding. This is not a mod pack. This is a mod with modules. They are creating this mod from scratch, not compiling other people's mods.

You've absolutely right, It´s not a single mod, it´s a bundle of modules in a mod, so people can play with one, two or all of them.

Thank you very much for the support !! we are working in the mod
So this is complilation of separate modules like dytech or bob mods? They use modular system too
So you may take gameplay ideas from another mod i understand right? I'm asking because mod with electric railroad was created by JamesOFarell but now his mod status is dead and the mod now in the work in progress forum thread https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=3926, that's really nice mod :D
I'm very like bob mods and dytech with using many kinds of ores, gases, fluids and metal alloys with respective processing, so will you take ideas from these mods, or it will have some dependences from big mods?
The interaction of different mods will look harmoniously together, your opinion?

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

aklesey1 wrote:So this is complilation of separate modules like dytech or bob mods? They use modular system too
Yes, it is the same system by DyTech and Bob's Mods
aklesey1 wrote:So you may take gameplay ideas from another mod i understand right? I'm asking because mod with electric railroad was created by JamesOFarell but now his mod status is dead and the mod now in the work in progress forum thread https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=3926, that's really nice mod :D
Yes, Wagons mod was abandon and JamesOFarell said someone could use his code.
aklesey1 wrote:I'm very like bob mods and dytech with using many kinds of ores, gases, fluids and metal alloys with respective processing, so will you take ideas from these mods, or it will have some dependences from big mods?
Ideas are very similar in this type of mods.
How to implement those ideas is that make it unique, each has its own way of doing things
aklesey1 wrote:The interaction of different mods will look harmoniously together, your opinion?
We are trying to make the mod as compatible as possible, but to see interactions between them we will have to wait.

XxNeeD4BlooDxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XxNeeD4BlooDxX »

think u gus could work on a new train signal system to include on it like pre-signals (reads and redirects trains to a green signal) something like
. . . . . . . . / =8========
0-0-0-D=s=< ===8==0-0-0-D
. . . . . . . . \ =8==0-0-0-D

so the pre-signal will send train to rail 1 since rail 2 and 3 are ocupied (signal 2 and 3 are red)

Desc:
S pre-signal
8 signal
= rail
0-0-0-D train
< junction
. . (space filler)

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

Trains now chose the best path (free+short), so, why do you need to do a manual signal to chose the way?

I used to play to Railload Tycoon, so I can understand your request, but I think is not really useful here.

aklesey1
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by aklesey1 »

How much deeper will be developed your mod, in comparison with bob mods or cartmen complete overhaul? I wish you guys luck with this mod, i swear it can potentially grow to interesting and useful mod, with many realistic elements
As i know many mods on this forum was developed by modder alone, it nice to see the group of creative people

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

Now we are focus on the basic in each module, but be mind this basic things will be awesome too. I cant tell you now but you will see.

On one hand we love balanced and realist mods so we will avoid overpower things or overkill weapons against bugs. On the other and we hate unnecessary and stupidly complicated process that give you a vanilla stuff with 5 steeps more. For example we hate to colect wood by hand, Factorio is a game about automatizate things, it´s not about doing things repeatedly (we have assembly machines to do it).

SuperSandro2000
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by SuperSandro2000 »

Can you put your mods in zips?

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

SuperSandro2000 wrote:Can you put your mods in zips?

when all of mods has a version stable we regroup all on all in one zip

LordFedora
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by LordFedora »

No, he's asking for each module to be in a zip

Rars can act for some people, and I'm not positive if factorio supports then natively

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

LordFedora wrote:No, he's asking for each module to be in a zip

Rars can act for some people, and I'm not positive if factorio supports then natively
Wooops, im sorry.
Yes, after eat i will upload all modules in zip and rar

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

Last I checked Factorio only supports zip files.

Kinda wish it supported 7z though...

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Degraine wrote:Last I checked Factorio only supports zip files.

Kinda wish it supported 7z though...

you mean you tionality is only compatible with zip?

Degraine
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Degraine »

I mean that Factorio's mod support only allows for mods stored in uncompressed folders, or as zip files, in the mods subfolder. The .rar format isn't supported.

Return to “5dim's mod”