General Discussion

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

UntouchedWagons
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] 5dim's mod

Post by UntouchedWagons »

Ha ha that's pretty funny. Your immature title though? Not so much.

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

UntouchedWagons wrote:
Ha ha that's pretty funny. Your immature title though? Not so much.
why do u even care about the title. it's the least important thing in this situation

diego-fm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diego-fm »

yep, last update (0.0.3) fixed the range-to-speed drills when picked up, and the recipes too. Nice! i like the new chests, btw will you add steel versions?

One thing, i installed transport when alredady got logistics 3, so now i cant craft the long underground belts (those and the long underground pipes are awesome) mk1-3, only mk4 and mk5. And i have also installed bob's mods, and now i have two logistics 4 and 5 researchs, each with its own faster belts. These things are minor issues, though.

keep the good work :D

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

Thanks, your problem with the transport underground t.velts maybe is about you need more technology level.

About chest (and the rest) note that we are still working on finish a basic level of all modules, in the future we will add more stuffs expanding them.

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

odin_spain wrote:Thanks, your problem with the transport underground t.velts maybe is about you need more technology level.

About chest (and the rest) note that we are still working on finish a basic level of all modules, in the future we will add more stuffs expanding them.
but what about infinite coal? do you think that's ok to have in the game?

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

XyLe wrote:
odin_spain wrote:Thanks, your problem with the transport underground t.velts maybe is about you need more technology level.

no, that isn't ok, we will need see the code and try to fix it, but we don't know how to make this and fix it we will take some time

XyLe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by XyLe »

McGuten wrote:
XyLe wrote:

no, that isn't ok, we will need see the code and try to fix it, but we don't know how to make this and fix it we will take some time
well, thank you for noticing! but i don't see what's so hard about that. now what you do is you generate 1 coal there as soon as it has nothing in the inventory. Even though it has energy to run. That's why it becomes imba :)

I suppose you can't just change the amount of energy trains have directly? like instead of inserting coal insert the energy?

If that is so, you can maybe generate 1 fuel only if the inventory is empty and it's out of energy? in this case new fuel would be consumed instantly i'm guessing. or don't you have access to the amount of energy at all? not even available for monitoring?

I also suppose that such way can ruin the smoothness of the ride... well, i'm not really a mod-maker and i can't tell which parameters you can use.. but maybe you can have a look at the speed of the train? So when it's moving you can't pull things out of it, and you need to generate fuel inside only when it's moving or something like that because it can't be pulled out anyways.

also i suggest you to use solid fuel instead of coal , or maybe even implement your own item with a better fuel value to make it last longer.

p.s. i understand that taking the speed of train into consideration may result very rarely in "out of fuel" situation if the train stops and runs out of fuel exactly at the same time. well, maybe you can see if there's a "no fuel" error on a train and generate fuel inside in such case exclusively?

p.p.s. ye i hope my ideas are not too stupid.... :)

tommot2009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tommot2009 »

I can not use any of trains stuff
for example, when I try to place the straight power rail do I have the error :

Error while running the event handler : __5dim_trains __ \ control.lua : 1139 : Map does not contain 1 player , this function can not be overused

sorry for bad English

golress
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by golress »

tommot2009 wrote:I can not use any of trains stuff

Error while running the event handler : __5dim_trains __ \ control.lua : 1139 : Map does not contain 1 player , this function can not be overused

sorry for bad English
I had this issue to and solved it by doing the following, but I don't know if there are any negative consequences for doing this:

1. Go to the control.lua file in the mod and find line 1139
2. Line 1139 looks like this: game.createentity{name=proxyType, position=proxyPosition, force=game.player.force}
3. Remove the ", force=game.player.force" part at the end.
4. Now line 1139 looks like this: game.createentity{name=proxyType, position=proxyPosition}

Your mod will now work. I know nothing about modding but I found that "force" is optional so that why it's safe to remove it and the mod will work. Hope this helped you.

diego-fm
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diego-fm »

researched every logistics pending, 4 and 5 from your mod, and 4 and 5 from bob's mods, and no long underground belt mk1-3, but i installed this mod AFTER researching logistics 1, 2 and 3, so thats probably the problem.

Another question. is the mk4 and 5 splitters supossed to be slower than the express (mk3)? because they are but seem like they shouldn´t.

tommot2009
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by tommot2009 »

golress wrote:

sorry for bad English
I had this issue to and solved it by doing the following, but I don't know if there are any negative consequences for doing this:

2. Line 1139 looks like this: game.createentity{name=proxyType, position=proxyPosition, force=game.player.force}
4. Now line 1139 looks like this: game.createentity{name=proxyType, position=proxyPosition}

Your mod will now work. I know nothing about modding but I found that "force" is optional so that why it's safe to remove it and the mod will work. Hope this helped you.
Thx man :)

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

:( bug!

1 version conveer work
to other 50+ conveer in not work small in

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Airat9000 wrote::( bug!

1 version conveer work
to other 50+ conveer in not work small in
golress wrote:

sorry for bad English

I will fix it in a few hours, thanks you for reports ^^

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

UPDATE

Changelog
Trains update to 0.0.3
  1. Fix a little bug
Transport update to 0.0.2
  1. Fix bug with long belt to ground
Everyone can comment it in this post

Lukasecicek
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lukasecicek »

Nice one, keep up the good work!

rnorris
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by rnorris »

McGuten wrote:UPDATE

Changelog
Trains update to 0.0.3
  1. Fix a little bug
The change here seems to have fixed the crash, but now my logistic carriages are no longer being loaded/unloaded by my logistic bots. This doesn't happen right away, but after a few minutes of regular use. After a while, even new carriages that are placed down do not interact with the logistic network. Anyone else having this issue?

Edit: I've also found that in one particular instance, I picked up a requester carriage and the ghost requester chest remained under the spot where it was.

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

I´m sorry to say my partner had a very big problem with his computer (it died suddenly), he had all the code inside the HD, so the mod develop is stop until he have a new computer. :(

the_noisies
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by the_noisies »

Trains

Is it just me, or does the turret wagon attack your character and not get repaired by robots?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Decoration seem to be only static box graphics.

SKleen75
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SKleen75 »

Trains

Is it just me, or does the turret wagon attack your character and not get repaired by robots?
Yes. It attacks my character and then gets blown by my epically overpowered "Advanced Equipment" weaponry.

:lol:
YuokiTani Fanboy.

Return to “5dim's mod”