General Discussion

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.8] 5dim's mod

Post by McGuten »

Degraine wrote:I mean that Factorio's mod support only allows for mods stored in uncompressed folders, or as zip files, in the mods subfolder. The .rar format isn't supported.
oh, ok
I didn't know that, it's ok.
We uploaded the zip archives

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

I have to say that if someone can speak spanish, we will be very grateful to answer in spanish too.

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

good mode!

1 trouble!
not in open technology very easy mining in start!

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Airat9000 wrote:good mode!

1 trouble!
Yes, for the time being the modules of mod is not balanced but in futures versions we balanced all

At this moment we want to release all modules and after this we balanced and apply some changes we thought

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

McGuten wrote:
Airat9000 wrote:good mode!

1 trouble!
Yes, for the time being the modules of mod is not balanced but in futures versions we balanced all

At this moment we want to release all modules and after this we balanced and apply some changes we thought
it would be good to add more events autofil
and it is not updated at all.

XxNeeD4BlooDxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XxNeeD4BlooDxX »

odin_spain wrote:Trains now chose the best path (free+short), so, why do you need to do a manual signal to chose the way?

I used to play to Railload Tycoon, so I can understand your request, but I think is not really useful here.
Best path isnt always the best path, i end up, in double-way 1 entrance stations, with deadlocks everywhere on them

explanation:
i wanna make higly complicated train networks, the ones i have right now are quite limited,, i need 3 stations for each ore, plate, simple circuits and have way more rails than i actually need, specially usin RSO (resources overaul), is way oversised so to speak, i have my factories way dispersed that sometimes they stop processing if im not in the center of the map, i have over 30 trains rolling and some even have to take 3 resources each cuz i cannot have more trains running or ill have a deadlock somewhere, basicaly, im making a logistics network without logistics robots, they only take care of personal items that i need or really small factories that dont need much resources or arent used frequently, and since im using dytech's full modules the amount of items i have running its quite large and those bitters are nasty with a map this large, so compact would be the best

anyway if those signs come to play the amount of setups possible is wa over the chart, something like connecting red/green cables on the signs should work to make them pre-path signals to the following signals.

AlphaRaptor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AlphaRaptor »

It works for 0.11.5 , so you can say it will work for all 0.11 Versions
Live your life like you want.
Mods are still Awesome , and i love Mods , for every Game.

Lov'in it.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

XxNeeD4BlooDxX wrote:
odin_spain wrote:Trains now chose the best path (free+short), so, why do you need to do a manual signal to chose the way?

I used to play to Railload Tycoon, so I can understand your request, but I think is not really useful here.
Best path isnt always the best path, i end up, in double-way 1 entrance stations, with deadlocks everywhere on them

explanation:
i wanna make higly complicated train networks, the ones i have right now are quite limited,, i need 3 stations for each ore, plate, simple circuits and have way more rails than i actually need, specially usin RSO (resources overaul), is way oversised so to speak, i have my factories way dispersed that sometimes they stop processing if im not in the center of the map, i have over 30 trains rolling and some even have to take 3 resources each cuz i cannot have more trains running or ill have a deadlock somewhere, basicaly, im making a logistics network without logistics robots, they only take care of personal items that i need or really small factories that dont need much resources or arent used frequently, and since im using dytech's full modules the amount of items i have running its quite large and those bitters are nasty with a map this large, so compact would be the best

anyway if those signs come to play the amount of setups possible is wa over the chart, something like connecting red/green cables on the signs should work to make them pre-path signals to the following signals.
On this moment we can say we will do, but in a future we can try to make your idea is real.

AlphaRaptor wrote:It works for 0.11.5 , so you can say it will work for all 0.11 Versions
Thanks you for test, we change title in a few hours

XxNeeD4BlooDxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: [MOD 0.11.x] 5dim's mod

Post by XxNeeD4BlooDxX »

about resources module do u plan on just adding new resources or are u planning on doing something like RSO - Resource Spawner Overhaul https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=4761

what about the war module something like there is on warfare in Dytech

automation 90d inserters crafting or a tool to modify inserters into 90D like Moar inserters https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=5357

either way looking forward for ur new Modules

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

XxNeeD4BlooDxX wrote:about resources module do u plan on just adding new resources or are u planning on doing something like RSO - Resource Spawner Overhaul https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=4761

what about the war module something like there is on warfare in Dytech

automation 90d inserters crafting or a tool to modify inserters into 90D like Moar inserters https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=5357

either way looking forward for ur new Modules
I don't like speak about modules not released but I can tell you things that we thought...

About Resources module, I can tell you not just is new ores and resources, we plan Resources is more big, for example, we want to change the way of processing resources and expand but I'd rather not talk about it yet...

About War module, we want expand war in factorio in vanilla is easy win against aliens, we want something more hard with this mod

About Automatization module, we plan more inserters, inserters 90º and a lot of stuff

Thanks you for support, it is really nice to read your mind.

XxNeeD4BlooDxX
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by XxNeeD4BlooDxX »

awesome!!! if before i was looking forward to new modules, now i want them!!! xD shame i dont know much aout coding otherwise i would be glad to help

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

XxNeeD4BlooDxX wrote:awesome!!! if before i was looking forward to new modules, now i want them!!! xD shame i dont know much aout coding otherwise i would be glad to help

we try to work as fast as we can ^^

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

avtors idea please more mining drills (super speed) thanks!

and more oil extractor

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

Yes, more minning drills will be added soon, we think the vanilla mining is sometimes very slow

Airat9000
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Airat9000 »

odin_spain wrote:Yes, more minning drills will be added soon, we think the vanilla mining is sometimes very slow
so well done to increase the speed and technology
also make oil rocking more powerful.

:D

Grimshad
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Grimshad »

Looking good, This is the type of thing the Factorio community needs. More larger sized mods to get behind.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Airat9000 wrote:so well done to increase the speed and technology
also make oil rocking more powerful.

:D
We will consider the idea
Grimshad wrote:Looking good, This is the type of thing the Factorio community needs. More larger sized mods to get behind.
Yes, we said the same, factorio is a great game but need more community We think when Factorio be released in Steam, then grow a lot of

odin_spain
Inserter
Inserter

Post by odin_spain »

We did a poll in this post about what will be release next.

thanks

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

I want to make hype today, I want to try update a Mining module today, maybe after dinner I can release version 0.0.2 for Mining module.

The new version contain new graphics for speed mining drills and rebalanced the module (technology, new recipes...)

golress
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by golress »

I got an error message in multiplayer when I tried to place a power rail from the trains mod. Do you know when there will be a multiplayer version of the mod, if ever?

Edit: I fixed the multiplayer issue.
Edit2: When I connect my train to power, it seems to be generating 1 coal out of thin air. With an inserter next to it this is an infinite coal generator?

Return to “5dim's mod”