General Discussion

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

kwstoudt
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: General Discussion

Post by kwstoudt »

How would I go about unlocking the +30 and +50 belt versions if I already had the research completed before upgrading to the 0.12 version of the game and installing the transport sub-mod?

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

kwstoudt wrote:How would I go about unlocking the +30 and +50 belt versions if I already had the research completed before upgrading to the 0.12 version of the game and installing the transport sub-mod?
I will fix it in next release

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Hi there, first time 5dim's user here.
I would like to use the train modules only, but i don't want the changes in stack and inventory. How do i revert this to vanilla stack and inventory ?
Aside from stack and inventory size, what changes do the core made to vanilla ? I can't find much further info on 5dim's download page.

Also, will there be a problem if i use many logistic wagon regarding script update (recently, i found out that having too many sensor in one of the the mods i use is dropping fps significantly).
I assume with this 5dims logistic wagon, the script update will rose significant whenever the wagon get filled/empty.
Or is it not the case ?

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

waduk wrote:Hi there, first time 5dim's user here.
I would like to use the train modules only, but i don't want the changes in stack and inventory. How do i revert this to vanilla stack and inventory ?
Aside from stack and inventory size, what changes do the core made to vanilla ? I can't find much further info on 5dim's download page.

Also, will there be a problem if i use many logistic wagon regarding script update (recently, i found out that having too many sensor in one of the the mods i use is dropping fps significantly).
I assume with this 5dims logistic wagon, the script update will rose significant whenever the wagon get filled/empty.
Or is it not the case ?
In next release i add a config.lua file and there you can change it ^^

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Thanks

MasterBuilder
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MasterBuilder »

Or is it not the case ?
You can just open 5dim_core/data.lua and remove the "require("prototypes.changes")" line.

This file does all the stack and inventory changes and is safe to ignore/remove.
Give a man fire and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

Rens2Sea
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Rens2Sea »

There seems to be a bug in the requester wagon, when i set some logistics on the invisible requester chest and then move the train, the logistics are removed when the train stops again.

Apparently at line 523 in control.lua there are 3 lines disabled that actually fill the requester slots, why are these lines commented out? It works fine when i bring them back.

Code: Select all

function setRequestSlots(proxy, requestSlots)
	if isRequester(proxy)then
		--debugLog("Requester")
		local i = 0
		local slots = {}
		while i < 10 do
			i = i + 1
			local slot = requestSlots[i]
			if slot ~= nil and slot.name ~= nil then
				--if game.item_prototypes[slot.name] ~= nil then 
					--proxy.setrequestslot(slot, i)
				--end
			end
		end
	end
end

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

MasterBuilder wrote:

Or is it not the case ?
You can just open 5dim_core/data.lua and remove the "require("prototypes.changes")" line.

This file does all the stack and inventory changes and is safe to ignore/remove.
OK, will do that, thank you !

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Rens2Sea wrote:There seems to be a bug in the requester wagon, when i set some logistics on the invisible requester chest and then move the train, the logistics are removed when the train stops again.

Apparently at line 523 in control.lua there are 3 lines disabled that actually fill the requester slots, why are these lines commented out? It works fine when i bring them back.

Code: Select all

function setRequestSlots(proxy, requestSlots)
	if isRequester(proxy)then
		--debugLog("Requester")
		local i = 0
		local slots = {}
		while i < 10 do
			i = i + 1
			local slot = requestSlots[i]
			if slot ~= nil and slot.name ~= nil then
				--if game.item_prototypes[slot.name] ~= nil then 
					--proxy.setrequestslot(slot, i)
				--end
			end
		end
	end
end
Wow, i dont know why it is disabled, i think i try to do something and comment and after i dont enable again, sorry and thanks for report ^^

SkyLight
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SkyLight »

Hi

I just researched modules mixing, I see the modules but can't find the mixer itself. Is it a bug or feature (maybe it's just disabled currently)?

mikestuart30
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by mikestuart30 »

Where can I find wiki type info on the 5dim mods? For instance the end of my new mk2 engines (1- 14-10) had almost no water. I eventually found a post saying the new pipes had better throughput than the vanilla ones. From this I worked out that I was losing more water in each engine. I added the mk2 offshore pumps but I was still having pressure issues. I now need to upgrade the pipes between the pumps and the engines, but I have no idea what the stats are , or if copper or iron are better?

another Q - submerged vs normal tank - I presume as the submerged takes more resources it is bigger - but where would I find the relative sizes?

I have had similar Q's but I cant remember them offhand.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

SkyLight wrote:Hi

I just researched modules mixing, I see the modules but can't find the mixer itself. Is it a bug or feature (maybe it's just disabled currently)?
I will fix it in next release
mikestuart30 wrote:Where can I find wiki type info on the 5dim mods? For instance the end of my new mk2 engines (1- 14-10) had almost no water. I eventually found a post saying the new pipes had better throughput than the vanilla ones. From this I worked out that I was losing more water in each engine. I added the mk2 offshore pumps but I was still having pressure issues. I now need to upgrade the pipes between the pumps and the engines, but I have no idea what the stats are , or if copper or iron are better?

another Q - submerged vs normal tank - I presume as the submerged takes more resources it is bigger - but where would I find the relative sizes?

I have had similar Q's but I cant remember them offhand.
In future releases i make a description for all items and we work in a wiki for all modules

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

We are working in new icons for inventory and technologies

What do you think?

SkyLight
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by SkyLight »

I think that crafting tabs should be styled in the same way as in vanilla. This two-color icons looks more like a WIP. Technology icons are fine, just replace the one for electric trains and wagons with higher resolution.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

SkyLight wrote:I think that crafting tabs should be styled in the same way as in vanilla. This two-color icons looks more like a WIP. Technology icons are fine, just replace the one for electric trains and wagons with higher resolution.
For next release we will use this, maybe in next releses we change it but i like how it is looks ^^

Anyway, thanks you for the feedback, i love it ^^

Kingoftime
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kingoftime »

Im trying to get the electric trains to work but they dont seem to be behaving, i have electric rails and the electric train and i have power line beside the track but the train does not have power. Whats going on here? am i missing something?

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

Having the same Problem.

The start seems to be electified, but after a few tracks this suddenly stops and I can get barely past the gate before I'm running out...

Lurkily
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lurkily »

I had a question, before I dive into some of these modules. The website says that to use some of the ores I'd need bob's ores - does this mean it's a dependency, and that I won't be able to use these in a vanilla game? Not sure I'm interested in the level of complexity that eleventy-twelve different ores would introduce, just yet.

Berkys32
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Berkys32 »

I installed bobs ore with needed bobs library but couldnt find any new ores...

Electric trains work for me, if i use standart rails and high poles next to them. Train doesnt have electricity whole time, but its enough to get from one spot to another.

If you like your tech icons, can you remake default one, so it all looks same?

skudd3r
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by skudd3r »

How is the War module coming along? Looking forward to that one.

Return to “5dim's mod”