Bugs and problems

New energy types, decorations, electric train, new types of belts and inserters, bigger inventory and many more stuff.

Moderators: McGuten, odin_spain

Ghestalt
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Bugs and problems

Post by Ghestalt »

Hi, thanks for the fantastic mod work.
Is the boiler mk2 (and I'm guessing mk3) bug fixed and I'm going crazy, or is it still in the works? Specifically, the advanced boilers eating up loads of water as it passes through.
For reference I'm using 2.1.0 for each module.
Cheers!

GeekWere
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by GeekWere »

axazol wrote:
mikestuart30 wrote:Hi 5Dimm team

I have used your mod pack before and everything went great. Since the new Steam release I updated the mod pack but now when I try to launch it the 5Dimm trains keeps crashing the mod load on startup. Some of the errors are shown below. Everything works fine when I take that mod out.
2.839 Error Util.cpp:49: Error in assignID, item with name 'electric-pole-large-rail' does not exist.
2.865 Error Util.cpp:49: Error in assignID, item with name 'electric-pole-rail' does not exist.
*edit - I re-downloaded the latest pack today in case I had missed an update and I am still getting the same issues.**
Hey, just wanted to say I was getting the same error and it looks like the developer has updated FARL. Just installed it and the game booted up fine finally.
viewtopic.php?f=61&t=13553&start=20#p130234

Siegercz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Siegercz »

Hello everybody, have anybody encountered this problem?
If I simply dont launch 5dim_trains_2.1.0 it works, however I love trains.
Any suggestions ?
THX
Attachments
crash.jpg
crash.jpg (64.37 KiB) Viewed 6569 times

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Siegercz wrote:Hello everybody, have anybody encountered this problem?
If I simply dont launch 5dim_trains_2.1.0 it works, however I love trains.
Any suggestions ?
THX
Update your FARL mod and update your factorio game (you are ussing 12.3, update to 12.24 please
GeekWere wrote:
axazol wrote:
mikestuart30 wrote:Hi 5Dimm team

I have used your mod pack before and everything went great. Since the new Steam release I updated the mod pack but now when I try to launch it the 5Dimm trains keeps crashing the mod load on startup. Some of the errors are shown below. Everything works fine when I take that mod out.
2.839 Error Util.cpp:49: Error in assignID, item with name 'electric-pole-large-rail' does not exist.
2.865 Error Util.cpp:49: Error in assignID, item with name 'electric-pole-rail' does not exist.
*edit - I re-downloaded the latest pack today in case I had missed an update and I am still getting the same issues.**
Hey, just wanted to say I was getting the same error and it looks like the developer has updated FARL. Just installed it and the game booted up fine finally.
Thanks you ^^

Slowtapus
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Slowtapus »

The tier 3 solar panel graphic when placed only shows like 1/4 of the actual graphic. Even when I downsized the graphic to 104x96 (what is specified in the file) the top edge of it gets clipped off.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

Slowtapus wrote:The tier 3 solar panel graphic when placed only shows like 1/4 of the actual graphic. Even when I downsized the graphic to 104x96 (what is specified in the file) the top edge of it gets clipped off.
We will fix in next release ^^ TY for report

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

Smart stuff isn't so smart, all the big logistic chests and all the added smart inserters cannot accept the wires onto them making them almost useless, and they don't have the logistic network stuff either.

Yinan
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Yinan »

In case it got lost, here again:
Yinan wrote:It seems to me that a lot of the modded modules have wrong description keys.
Most items there are called "missing key: ....", which is also true for the technologies.

peculiear_pendulum
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by peculiear_pendulum »

First time posting on the forum, but a possible compatibility bug with one of the mods I am using. Given how far I am in the current save I tested this in I can't really figure out which mod is the culprit. The issue however is that while a smart inserter can filter the 'welder' assembler for modules I can't craft it... Thus making any combination modules unobtainable. Currently I am using 2.1.0 of all 5DIM mods as well as:
  • Ammobox 0.2.1
  • Bergius Process 0.1.0
  • Bluepring-string 2.2.0
  • Boblibrary 0.12.3
  • Bobores 0.12.7
  • Color-coding 1.0.7 []/*:m]
  • Concreted rails 0.1.3
  • Crafting Speed Research 0.1.1
  • Extra Toolbelts 0.1.1
  • Fluid Barrel 1.0.0
  • GAH DARN IT WATER 1.1.0
  • Landfill 2.1.7
  • Larger Inventory 1.0.0
  • Logistics Trash Slots Plus 0.1.0
  • RobotCargo 0.1.0
  • RSO Radar 0.0.1
  • Squeak Through Mod 1.0.0 9
  • Stainless Steel Wagon Mod 1.0.0
  • Maser's Tank Mod 0.0.9
  • The Fat Controller 0.3.18
  • Visible Bots 0.3.0
  • Warehousing 0.0.5
Yes, I went a bit nuts with mods. Compatibility with Squeak Through mod would be appreciated but I can get used to walking around the Mk.3 steam engines from time to time :)

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

EmperorZelos wrote:Smart stuff isn't so smart, all the big logistic chests and all the added smart inserters cannot accept the wires onto them making them almost useless, and they don't have the logistic network stuff either.
We will fix in next release ^^
Yinan wrote:In case it got lost, here again:
Yinan wrote:It seems to me that a lot of the modded modules have wrong description keys.
Most items there are called "missing key: ....", which is also true for the technologies.
Sorry i didnt see previus msg, we will fix in next release

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

Good good, when is the next release expected?

EmperorZelos
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by EmperorZelos »

Another problem, the request carriage does NOT remember it's stuff so everytime it comes to the station to get stuff, it has nothing for the robots to give it

effreem
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by effreem »

Might want to look at the water proof rail corners. They did not want to work on water like the straight waterproof rails did.

clampi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by clampi »

Hello, I have a few bugs to report.

To replicate the defects, the following mods were used: boblibrary_0.12.3. bobores_0.12.7, bobconfig_0.12.2 (to enable the ores), bobplates_0.12.10, boblogistics_0.12.7, 5dim_core_2.1.1, 5dim_energy_2.1.1, 5dim_transport_2.1.0
Using Factorio version 0.12.26.

Defect 1
Observed behavior:
a) Enabling "dimoresenable" from 5dim_core_2.1.1/config.lua and NOT having 5dim_transport_2.1.0 in the mods directory causes the following error while Factorio is loading "Error in assignID, item with name '5d-pipe-mk2' does not exist."
b) Copying 5dim_transport_2.1.0 into the mods directory enables Factorio to start successfully.

Expected Behavior:
The error should not occur if the dependencies are not present.

Additional information
Error is caused by some recipes in 5dim_energy_2.1.1 requiring the pipe as ingredient, but the entity is defined in 5dim_transport_2.1.0. 5dim_transport_2.1.0 is not listed as a dependency of 5dim_energy_2.1.1, not even optional, thus the error occurs. IMO, a better approach than hard-coding a recipe and a dependency would be to default to common (base game) ingredients and dynamically alter the recipe, based on the loaded mods and their configuration.

Defect 2
Observed behavior:
a) Enable "dimoresenable" from 5dim_core_2.1.1/config.lua.
b) Load or start a new game game with all the listed mods enabled.
c) Research the tech up to "small pump".
d) Try to build the "small pump MK2". Take note of the failure.
e) Observe that it has "zinc plate"x10 and "copper pipe"x2 as ingredients. The recipe for "zinc plate" is enabled and can be built. However, the so-called "copper pipe" cannot be built as there is no recipe to build it. Note that the item has a different icon than the "copper pipe" from boblogistics_0.12.7

Expected Behavior:
The pump should be able to be built once the research for technology is complete and all the raw ingredients are present.

Additional information
The "copper pipe" is really the 5dim-pipe-mk2 item, which is different than the "copper pipe" from boblogistics_0.12.7. The recipe is present but DISABLED in 5dim_transport_2.1.0.
Disabling dimoresenable (the default) from 5dim_core_2.1.1 allows the pump to be built as the ingredients are all from the base game.

Defect 3
There are missing text keys in the English locale for 5dim_module_2.1.1 and 5dim_transport_2.1.0. A simple text-compare with a differ of your choice between locale/en/locale.cfg and locale/es-ES/locale.cfg will show what keys are missing from the English locale.

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

clampi wrote:Hello, I have a few bugs to report.

To replicate the defects, the following mods were used: boblibrary_0.12.3. bobores_0.12.7, bobconfig_0.12.2 (to enable the ores), bobplates_0.12.10, boblogistics_0.12.7, 5dim_core_2.1.1, 5dim_energy_2.1.1, 5dim_transport_2.1.0
Using Factorio version 0.12.26.

Defect 1
Observed behavior:
a) Enabling "dimoresenable" from 5dim_core_2.1.1/config.lua and NOT having 5dim_transport_2.1.0 in the mods directory causes the following error while Factorio is loading "Error in assignID, item with name '5d-pipe-mk2' does not exist."
b) Copying 5dim_transport_2.1.0 into the mods directory enables Factorio to start successfully.

Expected Behavior:
The error should not occur if the dependencies are not present.

Additional information
Error is caused by some recipes in 5dim_energy_2.1.1 requiring the pipe as ingredient, but the entity is defined in 5dim_transport_2.1.0. 5dim_transport_2.1.0 is not listed as a dependency of 5dim_energy_2.1.1, not even optional, thus the error occurs. IMO, a better approach than hard-coding a recipe and a dependency would be to default to common (base game) ingredients and dynamically alter the recipe, based on the loaded mods and their configuration.

Defect 2
Observed behavior:
a) Enable "dimoresenable" from 5dim_core_2.1.1/config.lua.
b) Load or start a new game game with all the listed mods enabled.
c) Research the tech up to "small pump".
d) Try to build the "small pump MK2". Take note of the failure.
e) Observe that it has "zinc plate"x10 and "copper pipe"x2 as ingredients. The recipe for "zinc plate" is enabled and can be built. However, the so-called "copper pipe" cannot be built as there is no recipe to build it. Note that the item has a different icon than the "copper pipe" from boblogistics_0.12.7

Expected Behavior:
The pump should be able to be built once the research for technology is complete and all the raw ingredients are present.

Additional information
The "copper pipe" is really the 5dim-pipe-mk2 item, which is different than the "copper pipe" from boblogistics_0.12.7. The recipe is present but DISABLED in 5dim_transport_2.1.0.
Disabling dimoresenable (the default) from 5dim_core_2.1.1 allows the pump to be built as the ingredients are all from the base game.

Defect 3
There are missing text keys in the English locale for 5dim_module_2.1.1 and 5dim_transport_2.1.0. A simple text-compare with a differ of your choice between locale/en/locale.cfg and locale/es-ES/locale.cfg will show what keys are missing from the English locale.
Wow, thanks you
Defect 1 and 2:
It will be fixed in next release (today or tomorrow)

Defect 3:
In last update (mods to 2.1.1) locale problems were fixed

tommygunner70
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tommygunner70 »

I'm having a problem with the powered rails. I just cannot for the life of me get power to them.
I read what was said about not using construction drones to put them down, and I didn't. but even so putting them down manually and placing a powerpole beside them doesn't allow me to get power to the rails.

factorio 0.12.26
5dim core: 2.1.1
5dim train: 2.1.0

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

Hello,

i installed some mods, which changed the game in a manner i did'nt want to.

I use Bob's logistics and 5dim's transport.
After researching logistics the long underground belt and pipes were available.

Then i disabled 5dim transport and enabled it lateragain and now the yellow long underground belts are missing.
After research of logistics 2 the red long underground pipes are available...

Hope anyone can help out of this happy little accident.

Greetings steinio
Attachments
Long Underground Belt.jpg
Long Underground Belt.jpg (766.85 KiB) Viewed 6746 times

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

tommygunner70 wrote:I'm having a problem with the powered rails. I just cannot for the life of me get power to them.
I read what was said about not using construction drones to put them down, and I didn't. but even so putting them down manually and placing a powerpole beside them doesn't allow me to get power to the rails.

factorio 0.12.26
5dim core: 2.1.1
5dim train: 2.1.0
Try to use energy rails and connect it to energy system
steinio wrote:Hello,

i installed some mods, which changed the game in a manner i did'nt want to.

I use Bob's logistics and 5dim's transport.
After researching logistics the long underground belt and pipes were available.

Then i disabled 5dim transport and enabled it lateragain and now the yellow long underground belts are missing.
After research of logistics 2 the red long underground pipes are available...

Hope anyone can help out of this happy little accident.

Greetings steinio
Okey for reenable this items you need go to:
Factorio_0.12.26\mods\5dim_transport_2.2.0\prototypes\normal
open transport-belt-ground-1-30.lua and transport-belt-ground-1-50.lua
and go to line when it say "enable = false" and set it to true
then you have enable this recipes ^^

Tell me if it is work for you or if you have problems

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by steinio »

McGuten wrote: Okey for reenable this items you need go to:

Hello McGuten,

i changed the files as you had described but it didn't work.
I also tryed with the files in the ores directory because i also use 5dim mining - same negative result.
The files for the red underground belt have also enabled="false" but the items are shown.

Could i simulate the logistsics researched event again? I guess then the items will be enabled again.

I use version 2.1.2 from the 5dim website - your described path looks like version 2.2.0 but this should not matter i guess.

Greetings steinio

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

McGuten
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by McGuten »

steinio wrote:
McGuten wrote: Okey for reenable this items you need go to:

Hello McGuten,

i changed the files as you had described but it didn't work.
I also tryed with the files in the ores directory because i also use 5dim mining - same negative result.
The files for the red underground belt have also enabled="false" but the items are shown.

Could i simulate the logistsics researched event again? I guess then the items will be enabled again.

I use version 2.1.2 from the 5dim website - your described path looks like version 2.2.0 but this should not matter i guess.

Greetings steinio
You need change normal folder if you dont use bob ores, if you are using bob ores then change ores folder

Send me a screen from your mod folder please and i will see

Return to “5dim's mod”