Forward Train Hinting

Post your ideas and suggestions how to improve the game.

Moderator: ickputzdirwech

Cryotech
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Forward Train Hinting

Post by Cryotech »

When placing train track signals, I often find that I'd like to see where a train will stay in front of a train signal, as well as behind the signal. This is mainly used when spacing signals on a long piece of track, so that trains can stack up behind each-other on the track. I propose a setting in the options menu to enable forward train hinting (white box hints), as shown in this image: https://imgur.com/a/po1Eh to make it easier to space train signals.

Essentially, if there is a signal in front of the signal being placed, you would be able to see the train hints for the signal in front as well as the hints for the signal being placed.

It would also be nice to configure how many white boxes appear before a signal, so that trains larger or smaller than 5 pieces long can be planned more easily.

Zavian
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Forward Train Hinting

Post by Zavian »

+1, although I don't think it needs to be an option, just enable it all the time. When building what I call a linear stacker I'm normally placing signals from the station(s), to back towards the junction withhe mainline.

fochristo
Inserter
Inserter

Post by fochristo »

I totally agree.

I always must check previous signal when I modify a rail to see where stop the previous train. This should be showed by default for both sides of the signal beeing placed :)

eradicator
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by eradicator »

+1 for configurable preview train length. It's always too short. Should be at least 6.
Author of: Belt Planner, Hand Crank Generator, Screenshot Maker, /sudo and more.
Mod support languages: 日本語, Deutsch, English
My code in the post above is dedicated to the public domain under CC0.

Return to “Ideas and Suggestions”