Water as limited ressource

This are only lists of links to other suggestions!
Search, if your idea has been already suggested.
mp0011
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Water as limited ressource

Post by mp0011 » Sun Jan 28, 2018 10:39 am

Also. If "lakes" have water levels, there can be level difference. If so, we can implement water turbines.
One end sucks water (and lower the level), other drains, increasing water level. Once levels equalize, quite fast to avoid "infinite pump loop free energy", You must find another lake with level difference, or suck more water from "lower" lake.

It is also possible to store energy that way, by pumping water to "upper" lake, and drain it later.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio » Tue Jan 30, 2018 6:00 am

ah yes, darkfrei has a new mod here with ice ores, and lots of ideas for it there too :)
viewtopic.php?f=97&t=57113

the small areas of water, being drainable, and then stored in huge Angels water tanks, or pumping up water up a cliff, using solar in the day for example, and for later using gravity to release all the energy when needed, sounds cool too :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

Treahblade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Treahblade » Mon Mar 05, 2018 9:15 pm

I think this is not implemented because it does not add much to game play other then a gimmick.
If you add finite water then you have to deal with how users will get more water, rain is cool but wouldn't add much when considering how much the steam engines would consume. You would make condensers that would turn the used steam back into water and use only lake water to cool the condensers and only loose some water over time in the closed steam -> condenser -> tank -> boiler situation. IRL this is how this actually works in a real power plant.

So your options would be either do the above which just adds nothing but another building that has a single use, add wells where you could just pump up infinite water anyway ( removes the point of lakes ), or deal with unhappy players which spawn in an area with no water or very very little.

If your going to have a way to get infinite water via one method might as well just leave the current system.

MorioFactorio
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by MorioFactorio » Sat Jul 14, 2018 2:24 am

Personally I like the water unlimited because it in a sense regulates itself. Rain would replenish hence no need to have the drain and refill process. THOUGH adding actual rain to the game would justify the endless water.

Return to “Frequently Suggested / Link Collections”