Good and easily upgradable early to end game wall defence! Plus Laser - Mine defence!

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

linktothepast83
Inserter
Inserter

Good and easily upgradable early to end game wall defence! Plus Laser - Mine defence!

Post by linktothepast83 »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rzsM26i2x-8

In this video i tried to make a wall defence that is effective from early on to end game with very few and easy upgrade steps while being manageable cost-wise (lots of walls are needed though). In the blueprint book i use you can scroll through them by pressing shift + mouse wheel down and easily upgrade your previous wall without deconstruction! Also i include an expensive and power hungry yet extremely effective laser - mine defence for late game +++ at the end, hope you guys like it! The early game defences were tested without any research upgrade at all and regular magazines against among others a combo of medium bitters and medium spitters (6:10)! While the late game without any space research at all against hordes of enemies that i doubt you will ever face ingame (laser mine case).

Blueprint early to late game defence:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1lfS ... sp=sharing

Blueprint laser - mine defence:
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1g1s ... sp=sharing

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Good and easily upgradable early to end game wall defence! Plus Laser - Mine defence!

Post by gGeorg »

Idea of mine-cell wall is fresh, however, the Price of 80 con-bots is gianormous.

jodokus31
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Good and easily upgradable early to end game wall defence! Plus Laser - Mine defence!

Post by jodokus31 »

those boxed-in mines look pretty efficient, because they don't explode all at the same time.

linktothepast83
Inserter
Inserter

Post by linktothepast83 »

gGeorg wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:47 am
Idea of mine-cell wall is fresh, however, the Price of 80 con-bots is gianormous.
This is simply because i overdid it with the enemies to the point their movement got blocked, i doubt such a thing would happen outside the editor. You won't be getting only behemoth enemies to block the way that easily as well. So yeah i believe in a real game scenario this won't happen

gGeorg
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by gGeorg »

linktothepast83 wrote:
Tue Mar 30, 2021 7:02 am
gGeorg wrote:
Sat Mar 27, 2021 11:47 am
This is simply because i overdid it with the enemies to the point their movement got blocked, i doubt such a thing would happen outside the editor. You won't be getting only behemoth enemies to block the way that easily as well. So yeah i believe in a real game scenario this won't happen
I think, the con-bots are eaten when replacing mines. Swarm of enemyes can happen when a column attack the wall after arty response, or in the wave defence scenario collumns are staple.

Return to “Show your Creations”