Factorio Vanilla Long Distance 2,5x Pressurized Water Using a Single Pipeline/Pumps (3000 Fluid/sec)

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

linktothepast83
Inserter
Inserter

Factorio Vanilla Long Distance 2,5x Pressurized Water Using a Single Pipeline/Pumps (3000 Fluid/sec)

Post by linktothepast83 »

https://youtu.be/1ZS5y-N0tAA

Hi i am Linktothepast83 and in this video i show a way to transfer pressurized water through a single pipeline over long distances in Factorio Vanilla. Water transfer speed is constantly 3000/sec compared to 1200 using a single offshore pump. In the video i demonstrate a line of 40 boilers working full speed flawlessly at a big distance from the source of water producing 72MW constantly. Theoretically it might support up to 50 but due to the small pressure drop the boilers themselves provide in such big numbers about 40 work flawlesly for higher numbers i would suggest a pump in the middle of the boiler line. This makes high volume (3000 fluid/sec) fluid transfer over big distances through a single pipeline possible with the only drawback being the power needed for the pumps to work, which in this case was about 190 kw. Always use a pump at the begining, end and every 2 pipes along the way!

Impatient
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio Vanilla Long Distance 2,5x Pressurized Water Using a Single Pipeline/Pumps (3000 Fluid/sec)

Post by Impatient »

You can increase that to 12000/sec if you use only pumps. Just needs more power.

https://wiki.factorio.com/Fluid_system#Pipelines

The basic question is, when is transporting by train more cost efficient and less of a construction hassle and when is transporting by pipes.

linktothepast83
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Factorio Vanilla Long Distance 2,5x Pressurized Water Using a Single Pipeline/Pumps (3000 Fluid/sec)

Post by linktothepast83 »

Impatient wrote:
Thu Mar 04, 2021 8:03 pm
You can increase that to 12000/sec if you use only pumps. Just needs more power.

https://wiki.factorio.com/Fluid_system#Pipelines

The basic question is, when is transporting by train more cost efficient and less of a construction hassle and when is transporting by pipes.
I know about it but the fact that it can't use any pipes at all creates a lot of problems that are not worth it imo. First the setup i showed in the video is not sufficient for continuous flow you would need more storage tanks and offshore pumps initially and connect them to a single tank. Secondly you can't turn with pumps, only go straight! Third as you also said is the big increase in power needs and last is the fact that using pumps only, you create an impassable roadblock that only spidertrons can traverse. Too many practical issues arise imo that is not worth it.

Return to “Show your Creations”