Elysia

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Corvus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Elysia

Post by Corvus »

Hello forum!

Having played some factorio on and off about a year ago, I started again two weeks ago. My first factory then was a lot like my old ones, messy, crammed and when I had to start oil and blue flasks I ended up quitting the world because of frustration, lack of space, etc :)

So this is my first attempt at a more expansive factory.

First thing I want to add is steel production. Not sure yet if I will add it somewhere next to the main belt, or otherwise near the bottom right corner, where the main belts start. There too much wasted space rigth of the middle lakes :)
Copper and iron production still look a lot like my initial setup, but they will be converted to use electric furnaces soon, and moved closer to the bottom.
Oil will have to be expanded, plastics will have to go to the main belts, together with batteries I think. Blue flasks production will then be set up.
This morning I created the outline of what will be a wall factory.

That's it for now I guess :)

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Elysia

Post by quinor »

First thing is you need plastics only for red circuits, so I wouldn't put them on main belt. Mine main belts contain as follows:

Iron/Iron
Copper/Copper

Green circuit/Green circuit
Steel/Batteries

Red circuit/Blue circuit

I also have pipes with water, petroleum and lubricant next to belts.

Corvus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corvus »

Yes you are probably right about the plastics. I also have a belt dedicated to gears, I am going to replace them with another one of with green circuits.

In the meantime I have blue science going, and I barely can keep up with green circuits :)

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by quinor »

Here is how my bootstrap factory (r/g/b only) looked like in current game.
bootstrap
And here is how my green factory looks now, all of assemblers has got 2 speed modules 1.
green

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Nice looking factory so far! I like the fact you have made things so spread out to begin with, will make things much easier later to expand or add new things etc... :)
I would agree that plastics are probably not something you want on a main belt.
I am looking forward to future pictures to see how it evolves!
Image Image Image

Corvus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corvus »

Thank you everyone for the comments so far.

So here's the next expansion done: blue science is working! But I have some capacity problems on which I am currently working. My green circuit production really needs a better setup, the belt feeding to the copper wire to the green circuit factories doesn't cut it. I'll need something like psorek's setup I guess. Good thing there's plenty of room left at the start of my belt :)
The other plan is also to move iron production to electric furnaces as well, and remove plastics and gears from the main belts.

At first I thought "this is too big". But right now it's nice to have the luxury to have plenty of room for expansion without having to puzzle too much with the belts :)

full size image: http://i.imgur.com/FoRILxr.png

Corvus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corvus »

Hi everyone here's another update.

In this version I upgraded iron smelting to electric furnaces and increased capacity. Although I am currenlty at the limit of what I can do with the regular conveyors so I should really start making express conveyors and start using these everywhere, or else add a second iron plate belt to my main belt.

Added some assemblers for rails, lasers and electricity poles.

I also tweaked the map generation settings a bit and apparently lowered the number and size of stone deposits, so I am forced to get these far away from my base since my wall factory already depleted all local stone deposits. For this I created a small railroad which vists two mining outposts.

I am currently looking at starting production of blue belts and blue circuits, but for this I need sulphuric acid and lubricant to be brought from my oil processing (bottom left) to where the assemblers will be on my main belt (top right). Not sure yet what's best: long pipes to bring the stuff there or move the assembly of this to somewhere closer...

Full image= http://imgur.com/kJdao2t

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

or
3. Make Sulfur at your ilo area mover it with the "Circuit network" (Red wire) on belts to were you like and add Iron and Water = Sulfuric acid

Corvus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Corvus »

Not the most dramatic of updates... spent a lot of time playing around with trains (first time for me).

Iron capacity is still a problem, I need more mining outposts and another drop off area I guess... I'm also in the process of replacing a lot of regular belts with blue belts.

Map overview:

Return to “Show your Creations”