Nuclear Reactors, H-Reactor, Fan Reactor

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

lsc9x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Nuclear Reactors, H-Reactor, Fan Reactor

Post by lsc9x »

I find that the H-Reactor is fairly cheap to build and a good starting power station when switching from steam. The Fan Reactor produces considerably more power than the H. The Fan Reactor gets all of the adjacency bonuses for the reactor cores. The H-Reactor gets a half bonus per reactor core. 2 or 3 pumps is enough to feed the H-reactor, but the Fan Reactor requires a huge amount of water, so at least 6 water pumps should feed into it. You won't notice the water problem until the power plants are running above 60% capacity where you will run out of water if you don't have enough pumps. You'll notice also that all the reactors are fed by logistics robots. I do use a belt to feed the first and second H-Reactors I build, but usually logistics robots aren't far behind, so eventually everything is fed "by wire".

Anyway, these are the two designs I use. Since both are self-contained units, the only thing you need to worry about is hooking up the power and water pumps.

( I apologize in advance that these blueprints aren't perfect!)
Fan Reactor - Optimized.png
Fan Reactor - Optimized.png (6.9 MiB) Viewed 2010 times
H-Reactor.png
H-Reactor.png (9.58 MiB) Viewed 2010 times
H-reactor:

Fan Reactor:

Drogiwan Cannobi
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Nuclear Reactors, H-Reactor, Fan Reactor

Post by Drogiwan Cannobi »

I used to build the "fan" thing but as a German I never really felt great about it for certain reasons ;)
I'm an H guy now. I find it more aesthetic and it tiles better.

lsc9x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Nuclear Reactors, H-Reactor, Fan Reactor

Post by lsc9x »

LOL! Yeah, that's why I called it the fan reactor and not the swastika reactor! ;)

Return to “Show your Creations”