Dear Youtubers - Modded Gameplay Screens

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

SHiRKiT
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Dear Youtubers - Modded Gameplay Screens

Post by SHiRKiT »

Fish, great initiative, I strongly support this. I think it's the best the community could have. I can give you some feedback if you want on the video (there's a few things).

I'd suggest for mod developers to use those on their mod topics (once Youtube properly allow viewers to watch in 480p at least).

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

More ideas:
Something about blueprints, the blueprint-string mod and the foreman blueprint manager

Mods about power generation. There are some.

Game-feeling changing stuff, like: No Crafting Challenge. Peace Mod. Resource Spawner Overhaul...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

FishSandwich
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by FishSandwich »

Wow, okay. I have made a note of all suggested mods, I will try to do all, but at one episode a week, I think this will take a long time.:lol:
SHiRKiT wrote:I can give you some feedback if you want on the video (there's a few things).
Yes, feedback is always welcome.

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

ssilk wrote:I suggest one episode "useful mods", mods, which don't change the game too much and are just enhancements. This means: you can remove the mod and the game works also without them.
- Resource-Monitor-Mod https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=2855
And one about current smart devices. I think you can find them alone. ;)
Mods changed GUI stays in savegame ... i founds these after removeing the mod very anoying. (over past factorio-versions)
i hate myself for trying these mods and need to live/play now with these brocken GUI elements. (i hope every factorio versions-jump to get rid of these)

Trepidati0n
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Trepidati0n »

If you look at Minecraft, it is the same way. There is a very large modding community but the biggest players tend to shy away from them unless they are really complete and well done. Even more so...I can't even find good tutorials on minecraft mods. The spotlights are shoddy at best in many cases. For a mod to be successful it must be complete and easy to use and provide some intrinsic value to the player. Right now the first to items just aren't there in modded Factorio. Maybe once churn of code begins to settle down a bit...modded factorio can begin to take a better foothold. For exapmle. I like the resource overhaul mod...but getting that to "work right" has taken away from my enjoyment. There are other things in factorio that do the same thing but I digress.

I just think your expectations are a "bit high" right now. But...since you have pointed out a gap...why don't you make the videos?

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

YuokiTani wrote:Mods changed GUI stays in savegame ... i founds these after removeing the mod very anoying. (over past factorio-versions)
See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =30&t=8942

YuokiTani
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by YuokiTani »

ssilk wrote:
YuokiTani wrote:Mods changed GUI stays in savegame ... i founds these after removeing the mod very anoying. (over past factorio-versions)
See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =30&t=8942
how about testing or verifying a post ?
just taken screens ... Screen-1 - Screen Mod-Liste

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

I am in full support of this idea, and more than willing and happy to help out by doing some spotlights as well.
I really like the idea ssilk had about making a video covering several different mods that all fit into the same type of "category". :) I think spotlights like the ones Fish has done are really needed. I have looked at a ton of mods, and passed over many of them that are probably great, but I passed because it either had no explanation of what it actually does or how to use it, or a very brief one. Or perhaps it had one, but the mod creator put it somewhere hard to find, and I just didn't want to both looking for it.

So having the thread Fish started including them is amazing. Would also be great if the mod creators who's mods are being spotlighted would put the link in their mod topic so that people can easily see what the mod is and how it works. :)
Image Image Image

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

I had been thinking about doing mod reviews for Factorio mods... of course, I've also been thinking about doing mod reviews for Tropico 5, as well as Cities Skylines, but as it is, I spend a lot of time getting content produced for my existing series, that I completely forget about other things I'd like to do on the Channel, or even come on here to see what's going on in the community.

I used a number of mods when I played Alpha 0.10, although with my 0.11 series, I haven't really gotten around to it as such. My only concern about doing a series with mods is if I update and one of the updates breaks one or more mods, I don't want the hassle of trying to fix it. With that said, since I started recording back at the beginning of March, I haven't actually updated beyond the version 0.11.17 that I started with, but I am considering updating soon, as 0.11.21 looks to be the stable release.

With my Prison Architect series, I was forced to update to the latest Alpha because of the auto-update. Fortunately that wasn't an issue for my Factorio install.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I use for testing new mods the zip version. https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... ip-Package

That enables me to test mods before I include it to my regular game.

There is even a lot of hot fixing needed to make things work. :(

Return to “Show your Creations”