New rocket fuel

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

New rocket fuel

Post by herkalurk »

Since we have the issue with oil changes, assuming they will remain, I've had to redo my rocket fuel lines for rocket production.
Attachments
Untitled.png
Untitled.png (3.29 MiB) Viewed 4789 times

steinio
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: New rocket fuel

Post by steinio »

Edit: Is the blue output belt compressed?

Transport Belt Repair Man

View unread Posts

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

With productivity modules and speed beacons the ratio almost becomes 2:1 (2 rocket fuel to 1 solid fuel). 12 beacons for solid fuel and 10 beacons for rocket fuel is about 1:0.53

That results in something like this (just for demonstration, but it should be tileable):
RocketFuel.jpg
RocketFuel.jpg (264.78 KiB) Viewed 4767 times

herkalurk
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by herkalurk »

steinio wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 5:39 pm
Edit: Is the blue output belt compressed?
My setup doesn't fill the lines, but I'm not intending to. This is at my 2ndary site for rocket parts production. I have 3 trains that deliver parts to the rocket launching site. They fill at another site and generally by the time they make it to this site there isn't much space left to fill. It's the computer modules that I'm having trouble keeping up (1 speed mod, and 1 processing unit). Keeping up with the speed mods is my problem now.

rhynex
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rhynex »

Serenity wrote:
Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:26 pm
With productivity modules and speed beacons the ratio almost becomes 2:1 (2 rocket fuel to 1 solid fuel). 12 beacons for solid fuel and 10 beacons for rocket fuel is about 1:0.53

That results in something like this (just for demonstration, but it should be tileable):

RocketFuel.jpg
maybe it is just me but I would check and use single red long inserter instead of two blue inserters and a chest between solid fuel and rocket fuel. with inserter stack upgrades it should be fine I believe. rocket fuel is 30 sec and even with beacons it shall not be less than a few seconds so single red inserter can handle this perhaps (it should swing four times). energy wise it is cheaper too, minimal but still something if you have thousands of inserters on map.

Serenity
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Serenity »

rhynex wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:43 am
maybe it is just me but I would check and use single red long inserter instead of two blue inserters and a chest between solid fuel and rocket fuel.
I tried and thought it didn't keep up, but maybe that was a different beacon arrangement. Seems to be the about same.

Optera
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Optera »

Serenity wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 3:14 pm
rhynex wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:43 am
maybe it is just me but I would check and use single red long inserter instead of two blue inserters and a chest between solid fuel and rocket fuel.
I tried and thought it didn't keep up, but maybe that was a different beacon arrangement. Seems to be the about same.
Long inserters can keep up, its the chemical plants that are just shy of keeping the assemblers running without slight stuttering.

The alternative would be to use a 2-3 ratio, here the chemical plants are slightly too fast. Though each of my rocket fuel assemblers runs at 540% instead of 440%.
2019-08-02-17-59-49-8572087.png
2019-08-02-17-59-49-8572087.png (369.51 KiB) Viewed 4649 times

Return to “Show your Creations”