[0.17] Balanced 7-science starter: Progressively hand-buildable, no bots/modules

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Italian Cuisine
Inserter
Inserter

[0.17] Balanced 7-science starter: Progressively hand-buildable, no bots/modules

Post by Italian Cuisine »

full-science-17-colored-small.jpg
full-science-17-colored-small.jpg (145.44 KiB) Viewed 2171 times
full-science-17.jpg
full-science-17.jpg (7.51 MiB) Viewed 2171 times

This science factory is intended to be easy to hand-build stage by stage, to bootstrap a restarted game, and to demonstrate base assembler ratios.

I don't think I'm 100% satisfied with this, so some updates will come, including broken-out blueprints for each science type

Approximate ingredient requirements, in terms of filled belts (0.5 = 1 lane):
  • Image = 0.5 x Image
  • Image = 2 x Image
  • Image = 0.5 x Image
  • Image = 0.5 x Image
  • Image = 0.5 x Image
  • Image = 0.5 x Image
  • Image = 0.5 x Image
  • Image = 0.5 x Image
  • Image = 0.5 x Image
  • Image = 0.5 x Image
  • Image = 0.5 x Image

The ingredient feed belts at the bottom are ordered from top to bottom in science production order. (I play without biters, so military might be later than otherwise) This current snapshot compacts many of them together, which makes the distribution more spaghetti than I'd wish. Independently feeding the lower 4 belts' worth of ingredients directly where they're needed would remove some of that complexity, but I like keeping the feed together for now.

There is a blue underground belt feeding steel into the Engine assemblers. Its length is required to skip over both pipe assemblers. However, until yellow science starts, only 1 pipe assembler is required, and thus a red belt can suffice in the beginning.

The factory could be made smaller if solid fuel were also belted in, but pipes have better throughput and are cheap.

Regarding assembler & chemical plant ratios:
  • Assembler 3 runs at 1.25x speed, while the Chemical Plant runs at 1x speed. While using Assembler 2, the blue science production only needs 1 chemical plant. Another can be added when upgrading to Assembler 3.
  • Solid fuel is overproduced. The true ratio for 75spm Assembler 3s would be 26.25 solid fuel => 31.15 rocket fuel buildings. I rounded this up to 32 => 32 direct feed for simplicity.
It's not spaghetti!

Return to “Show your Creations”