My first factory

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: My first factory

Post by Aza-Industries »

Yeah the bridge would have to be many in parallel if its still possible, to account for the low rate.

It depends on the rate but in theory I don't see why it won't work.

The lower the rate the more caps you will need in parallel. The ratio could be so big that it's just too many caps needed to make it feasible.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

I would need to multiply the actual-capacitor count by the same constant as the bridge capacitor count to achieve the same power drain from the AUX power during the actual-capacitor discharge cycle.

I used to have one bridge cap in 0.4.x
If I had to get 50, (I have less than 200 caps) it would take 1/5 of the night-energy from coal. (+it would get substantially harder to wire)

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

MF- wrote:I would need to multiply the actual-capacitor count by the same constant as the bridge capacitor count to achieve the same power drain from the AUX power during the actual-capacitor discharge cycle.

I used to have one bridge cap in 0.4.x
If I had to get 50, (I have less than 200 caps) it would take 1/5 of the night-energy from coal. (+it would get substantially harder to wire)
Eh there is a trick to wiring that makes it super easy, The first and only bridge I built had about 20 caps in it.

I might post the trick tommorow in an image, I'm going to bed now.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

So far I simply joined the networks in a distant location, did the wiring and removed the join.
It is not hard, just a bit annoying and large

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

so
how do you plan your factorys?

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

I don't.

>.>

That's why my last factory took 100 hours before it was complete. =P

I guess what I would do if I started again is build an adequate factory to complete all the important research and then once I have enough resources/defence available I start rebuilding everyone more compact, I never really planned though.. I just kinda built as I went adding on stuff I needed.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I dunno why to plan. This depends so much on the map and what preferences you had set. Currently I have a map with much forest. I could not go into the forest and make a plan. :) I need to clean it first and this takes very much time and some axes. I had found a trick (easy to find, but maybe someone hadn't found it): Cut the first tree and keep pressing left button and walk into the forest, then automatically the next tree is found and cut. With this trick I made some kind of "street". I can also not just walk around, because the creepers are all around me. The more I walk around, the more are created. Must kill them first, but for that I need space. No space, cause too much forest.

Plans can be made, if you have space. No space: just do what's needed now.

BTW: I want something, which cleans up the space: Trees and resources, which lay on the ground anywhere. Some "driving inserter" or so. I put it into the suggestions. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

ssilk wrote:I dunno why to plan. This depends so much on the map and what preferences you had set. Currently I have a map with much forest. I could not go into the forest and make a plan. :) I need to clean it first and this takes very much time and some axes. I had found a trick (easy to find, but maybe someone hadn't found it): Cut the first tree and keep pressing left button and walk into the forest, then automatically the next tree is found and cut. With this trick I made some kind of "street". I can also not just walk around, because the creepers are all around me. The more I walk around, the more are created. Must kill them first, but for that I need space. No space, cause too much forest.

Plans can be made, if you have space. No space: just do what's needed now.

BTW: I want something, which cleans up the space: Trees and resources, which lay on the ground anywhere. Some "driving inserter" or so. I put it into the suggestions. :)
You can also burn them down with a flame-thrower or run them over with a car, both methods are pretty fast.

I don't do that because I'm a hoarder so I like to cut trees down and store the wood.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Aza-Industries wrote:You can also burn them down with a flame-thrower or run them over with a car, both methods are pretty fast.
yea, know that, but I can't even think about building that, cause I had no place for that.
I don't do that because I'm a hoarder so I like to cut trees down and store the wood.
Belief me: After one hour of hacking wood I felt like a lumberjack - but this isn't fun.

See https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... ?f=6&t=964 for my ideas about this problem.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “Show your Creations”