My first factory

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: My first factory

Post by ficolas »

type in the console when pointing an ore
game.player.character.getselected().amount=-1

And it is infinite :p
However that cheating

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

gr0mpel wrote:now a have a ridicoulus amount of ore all around me and i dont think i will need them..could probably store/produce 100k+++ of EVERY item.
but i wonder how much content/items will be added in the future and how much resources one will need for a really big factory.
therefore - doing it the same way as u will: wait for more content, then start again
Late game content will be pretty expensive :)

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

kovarex wrote:
gr0mpel wrote:now a have a ridicoulus amount of ore all around me and i dont think i will need them..could probably store/produce 100k+++ of EVERY item.
but i wonder how much content/items will be added in the future and how much resources one will need for a really big factory.
therefore - doing it the same way as u will: wait for more content, then start again
Late game content will be pretty expensive :)
I look forward to it! long term goals gives me more incentive to brave the wilderness against the ridiculous amount of creeper hordes and bases to look for new resources.

On another note.. Did you get my PM Kovarex?
I'm curious as to whether the issue I'm having is because of some sort of save corruption or a bug, I have a few old chests I can't touch without causing un-loadable saves so I just have to leave them and build around them.

My curiosity is because of these reasons, if it's my save that is the problem I will probably start a new factory ASAP, however if it's a bug I will continue with my current one and hope it gets fixed eventually so I can remove those chests. =)

Sorry about bothering you with this.

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

Slowly filling up the game with new factories.
This times its ammo and electric poles!

I'm pretty happy how the spacing turned out.
I only have a few more of the main production lines to complete then I will create a little area for the not so common items, eg train gear, pumps pipes, cars, etc.

FULL RES: http://www.aza-industries.net/aaronsima ... dpoles.jpg

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

EDIT: On the quest to produce 1 iron chest full of every items, I'm about 75% the way in terms of factories. But I've done all the most expensive items resource wise first.
Lots of the chests for these items are full, and it cost me a third of my stored resources. About 1mil copper/iron each so far has been used.
Once my remaining mines run dry I will shore up my walls and go on a big exploration for the next big deposit.

EDIT 2: Here is a check-list I made to keep track of items I have an production line/iron chest full of so far. =D

FULL RESOLUTION: http://www.aza-industries.net/aaronsima ... htmare.jpg

High Resolution: http://www.aza-industries.net/aaronsima ... ghgrhr.jpg

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

hehe looks cool :) things i need to do: create a checklist :D
i will post a picture of my factory probably at thursday/friday..before i possibly start a new one with the new version..estimated game time on this savegame will be ~20h

edit: have exactly the same land mine production layout. super easy to expand. what i dont like: land mine stack size :twisted:

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

gr0mpel wrote:hehe looks cool :) things i need to do: create a checklist :D
i will post a picture of my factory probably at thursday/friday..before i possibly start a new one with the new version..estimated game time on this savegame will be ~20h

edit: have exactly the same land mine production layout. super easy to expand. what i dont like: land mine stack size :twisted:
Yeah I'm reaching the final few items for my production line of everything goal, I'll probably start a new factory after update.
After I test out all the new stuff with my crazy huge stockpiles of course. =P

Going to try and generate a nice map.

My save is reaching 110 hours now, yes I have no life. I'm waiting to hear whether I got into uni so I have nothing to do at the moment.

I suggested an automatic minefield system a while back and I think the devs sounded keen on that, they love automation. =)

I'm working on a screenshot of my whole base by takings lots and stitching them together. =D

Here it is: http://www.aza-industries.net/aaronsimages/mybase.jpg (8mb image)
Maybe oneday I'll doing a better one with a higher zoom, this was just rush job in a few minutes.

Preview:

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

You might achieve better jpeg size if you make it "non-progressive"
"progressive" JPEGs contain more images, ranging from crap-quality to actual quality.

With the current connection I was looking at the crap-image for quite a while, thinking "wait... that cannot be it..."

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

MF- wrote:You might achieve better jpeg size if you make it "non-progressive"
"progressive" JPEGs contain more images, ranging from crap-quality to actual quality.

With the current connection I was looking at the crap-image for quite a while, thinking "wait... that cannot be it..."
Yeah I compressed it a bit to still be not too big.
I'll try progressive next time though, or maybe I'll just leave full res a PNG.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Brings me to the idea, that I want to know: A list of all factories. Filter by item: How many? Sorting by distance. Click on one: where is this factory? (direction and distance)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

Aza-Industries wrote: Yeah I compressed it a bit to still be not too big.
This one was progressive. I almost gave up before the actual image quality arrived.
It adds considerably to the size while it doesn't really give anything in exchange, except when used as graphical elements on web pages.
PNG can be good. For some reason jpg doesn't work well for game screenshots (speaking mostly about minecraft)

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

MF- wrote:
Aza-Industries wrote: Yeah I compressed it a bit to still be not too big.
This one was progressive. I almost gave up before the actual image quality arrived.
It adds considerably to the size while it doesn't really give anything in exchange, except when used as graphical elements on web pages.
PNG can be good. For some reason jpg doesn't work well for game screenshots (speaking mostly about minecraft)
Derp that's what I meant to say.

EDIT: On another note I just remembered why I hate exploring for new resources..
Endless creeper waves means I can't stand still and map my surroundings or set anything up. Even holding spacebar the whole time with any of my weapons isn't enough against the horde. I just had to run around for 10 minutes in circles killing them, so tedious. =/

I wish I had a recording of it just to show you how ridiculous these waves are.

But I'm slowly advancing my powerline to my next mine site, have to stop at night and build a laser bank.

Here's a good example, Load up this save and don't move a muscle. Also not sure if save will even load as I'm running a different version of factorio.
http://www.aza-industries.net/watchthis.7z

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Well, yes, I think most of the creepers should attack the nearest factories, not the player directly, the overall strategy of the attack will, but not in this release ...

gr0mpel
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by gr0mpel »

couldnt open your save-file..
obviously you have the scenario-pack -> versions dont match

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

kovarex wrote:Well, yes, I think most of the creepers should attack the nearest factories, not the player directly, the overall strategy of the attack will, but not in this release ...
That's good to know =),

I knew you had plans to improve all this sort of stuff, I was just remembering why I had put off exploration for so long in the current build.

I have complete faith in you guys to keep improving and polishing the amazing game you have already created. You've proved your know what you're doing, which is vibe I don't get from many devs/games these days.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

The "Bridge capacitor" approach does not work in 0.5 anymore :(

Have you figured out any other way yet?

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

Haven't played much since the update, everytime I go to generate a new map I get a dud with no resources for miles.

My old saves don't work with this update, except for a backup I made 30 gameplay hours ago.

I had totally removed coal power production for a long time, once you reach a certain level I don't see any point to keeping steam power around.

MF-
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MF- »

The creeper waves still increase. They might overcome my power production eventually.
I prefer keeping a fallback that alerts me when more panels/capacitors are needed.

Aza-Industries
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Aza-Industries »

MF- wrote:The creeper waves still increase. They might overcome my power production eventually.
I prefer keeping a fallback that alerts me when more panels/capacitors are needed.
Eh, I didn't seem to come close to the limits of my power production. Overnight my Caps only half emptied before they started charging. =/

EDIT: In the past anytime my power use was starting to come close to my production I'd just build another 20 or solar panels and caps.

wrtlprnft
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by wrtlprnft »

MF- wrote:The "Bridge capacitor" approach does not work in 0.5 anymore :(

Have you figured out any other way yet?
Well, the changelog says something about limiting the rate at which a capacitor can be charged or recharged.

Return to “Show your Creations”