10 hours of my life o_o

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Cyndershade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

10 hours of my life o_o

Post by Cyndershade »

How... how did this happen.

Guys... help...

Probably game #4 or 5, but the first one where I got really into it, found a good spot I liked and went to town, this is the third base I put together in this place. I love this game.

Imgur link, picture is too big for IMG tags

http://i.imgur.com/TwjF0zP.jpg

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: 10 hours of my life o_o

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Nice factory :).

And get used to loose many more then 10 hours :D

Cyndershade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cyndershade »

And I am, I started looking at tutorials and all manner of craziness to get more efficient. I didn't thing I was doing so bad but then I saw some of these builds and I'm just like... O_O so much to learn!

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Wow yeah not too bad of a base at all. :) hehe oh yes you will lose many hours with this glorious game. Personally I don't know if I have spent more hours playing or watching Let's Plays of it. It is so addicting to watch too. Lol :D
Image Image Image

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

Xterminator wrote:...Personally I don't know if I have spent more hours playing or watching Let's Plays of it. It is so addicting to watch too. Lol :D
For me it is almost the same time :D ... running factorio on monitor 1 and Lets Plays on Monitor 2 :D

PharAway
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PharAway »

Phillip_Lynx wrote:
Xterminator wrote:...Personally I don't know if I have spent more hours playing or watching Let's Plays of it. It is so addicting to watch too. Lol :D
For me it is almost the same time :D ... running factorio on monitor 1 and Lets Plays on Monitor 2 :D
LOL... that is what i call multi-tasking....

Also, my twitter handle is @PharAway05

Check us out on face book at Phar Away Gaming

Cyndershade
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cyndershade »

Anyone have any quick, handy tips for this base? I'm getting ready to call it quits on this map and start anew. Just learning about efficiency and all that jazz at the moment...

Ric
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ric »

This, among a couple of other games i'm currently playing(COH2, farming sim15) are so time consuming that I'm thinking I need another whole lifetime just to cover all my gaming fun. I still have to fit in my actual fulltime job and social life..lol...Why do we have to sleep, I could really use those 7hours! :lol:
"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it's half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

PharAway wrote:
Phillip_Lynx wrote:
multi-tasking?
no

multi-gaming!

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

removed Xterminators quote due to Forum restrictions .....
Smarty wrote:
PharAway wrote:
Phillip_Lynx wrote: For me it is almost the same time :D ... running factorio on monitor 1 and Lets Plays on Monitor 2 :D
multi-tasking?
no

multi-gaming!
If I could play and record factorio and Legend of Grimrock 2 at the same time I would die happily :)

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

70 hours in a single game and still haven't conquored the infinite world. Infact just having trouble supplying my current energy/resource requirements.

Schorty
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Schorty »

Cyndershade wrote:Anyone have any quick, handy tips for this base? I'm getting ready to call it quits on this map and start anew. Just learning about efficiency and all that jazz at the moment...

Nice effort so far. The first thing, that comes to my mind, is that you should try to direct insert copper cables into your electric circuit factories. If you are some kind of perfectionist: The perfect ratio is 3 copper cable factories to 2 electric circuit factories.

Like this:

Another tip: Always try to not do anything yourself. By that, I mean things like carrying resources from A to B (for that you have belts, trains, robots...). If you do so, you have more time exploring, building new factories, killing some biters and such.

I hope this helps a little.

Greetings,
Schorty
Tired of not being able to reduce the pollution? Try the Air-Filter-Mod
With this, you are able to use the pollution levels in your circuit network: Pollution detector

luhem7
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by luhem7 »

40 hours in myself! This game is completely unlike other games I have played in the past! Its awesome!

Return to “Show your Creations”