Optimal Green Circuit Production

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Typo91
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Optimal Green Circuit Production

Post by Typo91 »

I wanted to post this because i am pretty proud of it.

I've expanded it more now to the north, its very easy to just keep adding on just continue the pattern upwards.

This makes circuits for minimal power usage at non stop output, for a tiny footprint.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Optimal Green Circuit Production

Post by DerivePi »

I like the inbound belt arrangement. I am in the habit of putting my belts to the outside, but that definitely takes up more room.

The numbers - Circuit Assembler requires 6 copper cables per second and 2 Iron plates. Copper cable assembler can produce 4 copper cables per second. You need 1 1/2 copper cable assemblers to keep the circuit assembler at full tilt.

A fast belt can deliver 10 items per second (per side). At full speed, you can have 3 circuit assemblers (plus a little) at capacity as limited by copper plate supply

Long handed inserter will operate 1.2 times per second which I believe is your current limiting factor.

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by sbroadbent »

On the question of being compact, it certainly is Optimal.
On the question of resources required to setup, the Fast Underground belts (for both lines) do add up. It won't be optimal.

The question is what is the rate of production beyond 'non-stop'. Production stats can I believe be found by pressing 'P'. It looks similar to the Electricity Production/Consumption screen. How many of these can you setup before the iron/copper resources start getting starved and the line becomes a bottleneck?

The usual setup for Electronic Circuit production is typically 3:2 Copper Cable to Electronic Circuits, whereas you have a 1:1 ratio. The 1:1 setup may consume more power in order to produce the same amount of Electronic Circuits, although your Copper Cable factories may not be fully operating 100% of the time, so it may balance out.

Overall, it's an interesting setup.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

That's not optimal in terms of production numbers. There's not quite enough cable machines to keep everything running 100% of the time. Its a very nice build in terms of space though. I'd worry about being able to feed assemblers down the line though running everything (copper and iron plate) off the same belt.

For example in my speedrun, you see the grief that I had keeping a decent level of production and getting the raw materials through to all the assemblers. Check out the later episodes, it was a running theme for the speedrun, I just couldn't get the production required.

Smilge
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Smilge »

DerivePi wrote:I like the inbound belt arrangement. I am in the habit of putting my belts to the outside, but that definitely takes up more room.

The numbers - Circuit Assembler requires 6 copper cables per second and 2 Iron plates. Copper cable assembler can produce 4 copper cables per second. You need 1 1/2 copper cable assemblers to keep the circuit assembler at full tilt.

A fast belt can deliver 10 items per second (per side). At full speed, you can have 3 circuit assemblers (plus a little) at capacity as limited by copper plate supply

Long handed inserter will operate 1.2 times per second which I believe is your current limiting factor.
It's worth noting that he's using assembly machines 1, which have a speed factor of .5 (they produce things half as fast). This means you can effectively double the number of assemblers that can be fed by the belt, and the long handed inserter isn't as limiting (especially with upgrades, since we're going from assembler to assembler). The 3:2 ratio still applies, but can be remedied by replacing the copper wire assemblers with level 2 assemblers. Since they have a speed factor of .75, one copper wire assembler would feed one level 1 electronic chip assembler at the perfect 3:2 ratio.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Thats one of the designs I use regularly, pretty happy with it, thought this would be the place to share it with you :)
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-11-05 09.27.44.jpg
Screenshot 2014-11-05 09.27.44.jpg (187.5 KiB) Viewed 40370 times

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

Solid and compact. You don't need a perfect ratio for a lot of productions, when the dirty and practical solution suffices and can be scaled with easy I/O of the layout. It will work great with early-game layouts before I begin to separate functions into different geographical factories, where I'd want to set up something like Burn's for making all three tiers of chips, plus modules.

For something like Chips for a science facility factory, 1:1 is just fine. I'd be importing more complex ingredients via train by the time I start worrying about bluepacks

PharAway
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by PharAway »

BurnHard wrote:Thats one of the designs I use regularly, pretty happy with it, thought this would be the place to share it with you :)
That is a very interesting design! I like the multiple inputs for the copper coils into the circuit assemblers. How far are you in relations to rocket defense with this setup?

Also, my twitter handle is @PharAway05

Check us out on face book at Phar Away Gaming

Typo91
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Typo91 »

I should have mentioned that I am playing on a HARD HARD map, with almost no resources, i've been struggling to get power.

I think my settings where all Very Small or Very poor, and then on the monsters i had Big and Lots... so just getting to anything has been hard... thank god for tanks!! I manage to kill a few spawners and drive away back to my turrets carefully to make progress on getting to the extremely few spots i've found...

I've only ever found stone in 2 spots, and its long gone. i've been rationing it to make rails.

This was mainly to use less power, but now that I've made it to Destroyer drones i've got my hands on a big patch of iron, and built plenty of Solar now, so i've upgraded it all to level 2 factories with level 1 productivity upgrades in all of them, plus made it longer, i also improved the flow a bit too...
sure its not "OPTIMAL" but its small and compact, and when you have very very limited walls like me. it helps to pack it in tight.

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

PharAway wrote:That is a very interesting design! I like the multiple inputs for the copper coils into the circuit assemblers. How far are you in relations to rocket defense with this setup?
I build 1 to 2 of these structures when I start to mass produce modules (efficiency 2 and productivity 3). Long before thinking of rocked defence. But they really swallow large masses of iron and mainly copper, you have to make sure you have enough capacity for that ;)
As you see the modules are not piling up, but used up constantly (copy of this design offcreen on the right, thats the other circuits coming in, before accelerating on the blue within the drop-offarea), nevertheless the iron plate and copper ore belts are well filled.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Typo91 wrote:I should have mentioned that I am playing on a HARD HARD map, with almost no resources, i've been struggling to get power.

I think my settings where all Very Small or Very poor, and then on the monsters i had Big and Lots... so just getting to anything has been hard... thank god for tanks!! I manage to kill a few spawners and drive away back to my turrets carefully to make progress on getting to the extremely few spots i've found...

I've only ever found stone in 2 spots, and its long gone. i've been rationing it to make rails.

This was mainly to use less power,
Someone correct me if i'm wrong, but assemblers sitting idle do use a small amount of power. So, if you were looking to use less power, you could ditch two assemblers and still have exactly same production. Either way, considering you're playing on a "hard hard" map, not having a bunch of resources being tied up sitting around in two idle assemblers is one way of making things easier on yourself.

warmadmax
Inserter
Inserter

Post by warmadmax »

it's the inserters that have a drain while sitting idle,
it's 400w on each of them at the minute.

Return to “Show your Creations”