Very simple kovarex setup (expandable)

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Winters
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Very simple kovarex setup (expandable)

Post by Winters »

Hello everyone. I'm new in the forum and new on factorio aswell. I'm on my second game and i have less than 100 hours played total.

Anyway, yesterday i finally reached the kovarex process thing. I quickly realize that taking the extra u235 out of the system was tricky. So i googled for setups. Unfortunately, all setups i found seemed over complicated. Therefore i decided to do one myself. This is what i got. I think it's quite simplified.
Setup.jpg
Setup.jpg (999.91 KiB) Viewed 3821 times
SetupAlt.jpg
SetupAlt.jpg (1017.02 KiB) Viewed 3821 times
Again i'm very new at this game, i'm aware this might not be of the interest of the community at all. If so, i apologize.

The first blue chest requestes 40 u235 and 10 u238.
The second blue chest requestes 1k iron and 1k u238. (i use it as buffer, can be way way less)
It needs 40 u235 for each kovarex process before it starts to poop out anything, 80 total in this case.
And that is all you need to know.

It as been perfectly working for maybe 10h-15h. It was a bit of a grind to reach the 80 u235 mark but since then is pooping them left and right and easily feeding the 2 reactors that i have. As you can see in the image, i think i'm set for the next 100 hours in terms of energy.
Attachments
Inventory.jpg
Inventory.jpg (922.03 KiB) Viewed 3821 times

CJ5Boss
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Very simple kovarex setup (expandable)

Post by CJ5Boss »

Looks pretty nice, especially for a newer person to the game! I like the compactness.

Gimlinus
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Very simple kovarex setup (expandable)

Post by Gimlinus »

Hello,

I'm new to the forum too.

I went for a version without chests and with only circuit wire.
The top belt brings the U-238. The very small lane on top with the circuit is there to be sure that the U-238 that Is output by the factory gets reuse first.
The bottom belt outputs one U-235 while the loop keep the 40 U-235 remaining and feeds them back for another round.

Very expandable 😊
Attachments
Screeshot.png
Screeshot.png (544.84 KiB) Viewed 3540 times
blueprint.txt
Blueprint
(1.18 KiB) Downloaded 214 times

Return to “Show your Creations”