Megabase in progress

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Megabase in progress

Post by Alien_Squasher »

So I have about 40h in. 100h cumulatively from idleing since there are no enemies. I produce over 200k Iron Plates an hour, working on production/high-tech science packs, 2/s for everything from red to high tech. This should be fast enough to unlock all non infinite techs, then I mass produce bots (I have 2k log and 8k construction, but I'm talking probably 30-40k log and 12-20k construction) and go mostly bot based with the exception of products like Iron and Copper plates which are used in just about everything in large amounts, My main bus will consist mainly of as the screenshot says, 2R/4G circuits, 4 Steel, 8 lanes of Iron, 6 of Copper, 2 of stone brick, and 2 lanes of coal for military science packs and poison capsules for tree clearing. Anything else I should add?
Attachments
WIP
WIP
20181125004653_1.jpg (327.81 KiB) Viewed 6518 times
Hi. I kill Aliens :D

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that when dealing with complex machinery of any sort the first step is: do not panic. If you can do this you're well on your way to being a grade A excuse for an engineer.

Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Megabase in progress

Post by Alien_Squasher »

I also intend to eventually work on a combinator "Brain" that automatically blueprints mining outposts, rails, etc, and expands the main bus using certain blueprints and proportions so that it just keeps fleshing out science production as well as everything else (bot production, train production, etc) so that way my factory doesn't even need me anymore :mrgreen: Ultimate lazy bastard!

Any mods that allow the logistics/construction system to store/place blueprints?

The Hitchiker's Guide to the Galaxy states that when dealing with complex machinery of any sort the first step is: do not panic. If you can do this you're well on your way to being a grade A excuse for an engineer.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

hi keep up the good work :)
im not sure about blueprints but there are some aai mods that could help including vehicles with cool graphics that you can program, and they can mine where you tell them, and haul ore around etc.

once you do that, try the same thing, but with biters and no ai
then try with biters, and see if you can program in the logic to make your base defend itself

and then, try a cool Bobs mods game with nothing but a few quality of life (qol) mods.
and then try an Angel mods game (as above)
and a Pyanodon mods (pycoal plus several others still being worked on but by then they should all be ready) :)

then you can do what i have in progress...
an AngelBobYuoki game (plus qol mods)
a pycoal game (plus qol mods)

and then you can try the above suggestions with ai :)

and then theres multiplayer, plus a new digger type of game which i learned about from redmew which looks interesting.. (just be careful searching on youtube as you might get stuck watching a 10 hour animated mining looping video lol) :D
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108
my 1st Mod Idea :) viewtopic.php?f=33&t=50256

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

plus there are other Rampant AI mods,
new colony mods i just saw,
and if you want to get funky with warehouses, theres a cool Beekeeping mod that works great (tested so far with angelbobs), and you can create cascading warehouse sorting, with Ore compression and uncompression to save space etc..

viewtopic.php?f=190&t=34176&p=346711&hi ... es#p294780
(just be careful about halfway down the page, if you copy me, dont do too many belt upgrades or i got a bit of slowdown on my old computer) :)
(also me from the mod portal - im not dustine lol) = https://mods.factorio.com/mods/Dustine/ ... ssion/9108

Greybeard_LXI
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Greybeard_LXI »

Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alien_Squasher »

Greybeard_LXI wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 4:57 pm
Try https://mods.factorio.com/mod/recursive-blueprints to automate blueprint use.
Thank you so much lol, was looking for this

Alien_Squasher
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Alien_Squasher »

foodfactorio wrote:
Sun Nov 25, 2018 6:59 am
hi keep up the good work :)
im not sure about blueprints but there are some aai mods that could help including vehicles with cool graphics that you can program, and they can mine where you tell them, and haul ore around etc.

once you do that, try the same thing, but with biters and no ai
then try with biters, and see if you can program in the logic to make your base defend itself

and then, try a cool Bobs mods game with nothing but a few quality of life (qol) mods.
and then try an Angel mods game (as above)
and a Pyanodon mods (pycoal plus several others still being worked on but by then they should all be ready) :)

then you can do what i have in progress...
an AngelBobYuoki game (plus qol mods)
a pycoal game (plus qol mods)

and then you can try the above suggestions with ai :)

and then theres multiplayer, plus a new digger type of game which i learned about from redmew which looks interesting.. (just be careful searching on youtube as you might get stuck watching a 10 hour animated mining looping video lol) :D
R.I.P. my life lol.

I've done bobs and launched a rocket already surprisingly, (took 250 hours, all singleplayer)
Angels gives me a headache. Never even looked at pycoal. Probably play them over the holidays.

Honestly I might just keep this base going until I have 1M science/hour, which I think simplifies to 1.6k science/second. Probably get some really interesting miner speed/productivity lol......

BigTrains
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by BigTrains »

1M science/hour is very big -- I can't think of seeing any bases quite that large.

My gigatrain base is one of the larger ones, at 10K science/minute (600K/hour, or 1 rocket every 6 seconds). I stopped scaling it when I reached !)K SPM since performance was suffering. (For huge bases, the number of science per "wall clock" minute won't necessarily go up, and may go down, as the base gets really big since the number of updates/second will fall below 60.) You'll also need a lot of solar, since nuclear setups unfortunately make the game performance suffer.

I'm not sure what you're planning with bots, but you probably don't want your bots to be spread over too large an area or they'll end up making long, inefficient trips. I find it's better to have multiple smaller logistic networks.

Also, if you decide to build a base like this with normal settings (e.g. biters), you can simply build a big wall with laser turrets around the base and keep it repaired by robots. (Biter nests form from biters, so you'll never have any biters inside the wall.)

DScoffers
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DScoffers »

I think 1M science/hour is definitely possible.
2 or 3M science/hour should be achievable too, but like BigTrains said, the science per hour in real time will drop due to a lower UPS.

@Alien_Squasher How did you get 1.6k science/second though?
For 1M/hour, I calculate 16.7k science/minute or 277.7 science/second.
I may be wrong.

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

well done for launching that rocket -- yeah some of the big mods ive tried so far are angels, angelbobs, pycoal, and main one was using AngelBobYuoki
+ npbees (i havet tried the redux version yet, which is on the list to try, but the original npbees was cool and still is plus compatible with those mods too - think the redux would be compatible with pymods, but pymods are mainly designed to work on their own with other pymods too, but kingarthur has been making some patches called tbaa touched by an angel, and is working hard at his round table for py--bob compatibilty :)

foodfactorio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by foodfactorio »

btw where is your avatar image from? it looks like a film i saw some time ago but forgot :)

Return to “Show your Creations”