splitting the lets plays into another board

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Split the "lets plays" into another board?

Yes
87%
No
6%
I want to see, the voting results. :)
7%

Total votes: 86

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: splitting the lets plays into another board

Post by ssilk »

I think the vote is clear, the tendency how it should be named and where also. I would wait for some more days (perhaps someone had a much better idea?) and then let the devs do it.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I don't know if moving all videos would be appropriate.
Moving all "Let's Play" videos is definitely a good idea.
I'd say any content that is intended for community participation should be moved.
Be they video-based, or picture-based, they'd still be essentially a Let's Play.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

n9103 wrote:I don't know if moving all videos would be appropriate.
Moving all "Let's Play" videos is definitely a good idea.
I'd say any content that is intended for community participation should be moved.
Be they video-based, or picture-based, they'd still be essentially a Let's Play.
All i'm thinking about is when Factorio becomes huge (like KSP) and the selfish people arrive.

You're better off having a blanket rule and sticking all the videos in one place. Otherwise people will try and claim exceptions to get out of being put in that forum so they can get into another. Video forums don't get read as much as the general gameplay boards and people will try and get around it.

If you set up a bunch of complex rules, its just opening the system to exploitation.

Yttrium
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Yttrium »

I think we should go for roots approach exept with a bit more informaton about the content and have subforums under the "show your creations" called "Twitch content" "Youtube content" or "Forum based content" so people like me know what to find in terms of dependent websites it may have attached,

The layout of the forums might still be in flux but if anything is clear is that there needs to be a sign where to put youtube content on the forums so that wrong placement is out of the question.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

I think just putting a [Tag] of the primary site is good enough for this purpose.
If it's important to only see (or not see) one type of content, a basic advanced search is quick and can be bookmarked.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

n9103 wrote:I think just putting a [Tag] of the primary site is good enough for this purpose.
I agree with this.

However, this issue is long buried. Ssilk implemented a solution and its working extremely well.

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

We'll agree on the first, and agree to disagree on the 2nd.

Return to “Show your Creations”