Let's see your clever builds

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

gepwin
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Let's see your clever builds

Post by gepwin »

MadZuri wrote:Also of note, if you don't want to use underground belts, you can use boilers to filter out fuel from a mixed line. No power needed.
That is an amazing idea. Thank you, I have been racking my brain trying to think of how to do this with no smart inserters.

Sparrer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sparrer »

Hi everyone! Here i built factory for the production of productivity modules lev.2
http://imgur.com/1StBXgO

n9103
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by n9103 »

Well that's different. Not often you see production of oil products integrated into the layout with those using them.
Colonel Failure wrote:You can lose your Ecologist Badge quite quickly once you get to the point of just being able to murder them willy-nilly without a second care in the world.

Kalabint
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kalabint »

Hi, a small and simple Solution for Transporting Oil with Robots:

Setup:
Requester chest, i usually request 10-40 barrels
Active Provider Chest
A Storage Tank as buffer (too big^^)
and a Assembly Machine

The idea behind it is to Transport the Full and Empty Barrels with the Logistic System, so no need to pull trough the whole map or making train Stations for the Oil Plants.

The bad thing about it, its only usable when a big Roboport Network is inplace...

[Data: 7k Robots, 357 Roboports installed, so its works fine for me :)]

Edit: Changed the Picture
Last edited by Kalabint on Fri Feb 13, 2015 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Sparrer
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Sparrer »

Hi everyone! Few more factories.
Main idea is compact and balanced design.
Also all factories consume only iron plate and copper plate (resources are moving on a transport belt)
http://imgur.com/iZ9Yq1f,D6XcaU3,yRpyr8A#0 Laser turret
http://imgur.com/iZ9Yq1f,D6XcaU3,yRpyr8A#1 Solar panel and accum.
http://imgur.com/iZ9Yq1f,D6XcaU3,yRpyr8A#2 Drones

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Kalabint: what program makes this GPU temp overlay?

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

HWiNFO

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Neotix wrote:HWiNFO
Thanks because some asshole claimed it was EVGA precision overlay, but i have EVGA precision and overlay is completely different! Thanks i'll give it a try today.

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

This overlay is from RivaTuner. It is also used by MSI Afterburner and other programs.

Here's a link that shows how you can use RivaTuner's OSD with data from Afterburner and Hwinfo: link

So if you say the dude saying it's from Precision is an a-hole then...... :mrgreen: :mrgreen: as it's strictly not Precision, Hwinfo, Afterburner, etc.

Edit: oh and this is what I get when I image-search for evga porecision overlay":
Looks like RivaTuner to me.
Last edited by dee- on Fri Feb 13, 2015 9:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Kalabint
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kalabint »

Hello, yes its MSI Afterburner.

dee-
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by dee- »

Kalabint wrote:Hello, yes its MSI Afterburner.
No it is not. It's Rivatuner.

Kalabint
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kalabint »

dee- wrote:
Kalabint wrote:Hello, yes its MSI Afterburner.
No it is not. It's Rivatuner.
Ok, i installed MSI Afterburner, and it comes with Rivatuner Statistic Server, which you can find here: RTSS Rivatuner Statistics Server Download v6.2.0.

By the Way, the Topic of this Thread is not Whats this Programm called for this Graphic Info, its Let's see your clever builds.

So here's another one from me:

Intput on the Left, (where the Assemblys are), its highly scalable and works great for me.

Ignore the Pipes and the Roboport.

Greetings

Kalabint

PS: Removed the distracting Rivatuner Info ;)
Last edited by Kalabint on Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

Possibly a stupid question but what exactly makes that lab setup "clever"? It seems to waste a LOT of resources for underground belts and double belts for red/green packs when you could just drive two belt lines through the middle and have each lab have short and long inserter to pick stuff from both belts.

Kalabint
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Kalabint »

@hoho This is absolutely not a stupid question, because its true...

First example: I could let the Violet and blue ones going on around the red and greens, the need for this is at max 2 underground belts.

But what I like is, that I have a buffer that way.

BTW: you better don't see the rest of my World, because sometimes I like to waste resources... ;)

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

hoho wrote:Possibly a stupid question but what exactly makes that lab setup "clever"? It seems to waste a LOT of resources for underground belts and double belts for red/green packs when you could just drive two belt lines through the middle and have each lab have short and long inserter to pick stuff from both belts.
I wonder the same thing!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think "clever" in the sense of this thread is, when a (compared to the afford) simple construction fulfils many task/has many functions in one.

We can measure that also (my opinion) by functions per tile. The above construction has two tasks/functions (buffering, filling the inner circle) and it can be build in minimum size about 5 x 4 tiles. The "cleverness" is then 0.2 tasks/tile.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

katyal
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by katyal »

Ok now lets write a mod that calculates the cleverness index of our factories and use that as the score for the game. :twisted:

Alekthefirst
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Alekthefirst »

katyal wrote:Ok now lets write a mod that calculates the cleverness index of our factories and use that as the score for the game. :twisted:
i would lose that game, my base's average "cleverness index" is probably like; 2*10^-6
Factorio is a game about automating everything. One day, i hope i can automate shitty signatures just like this one.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Hm. :geek: Call me crazy, but theoretically not impossible, if we could compare every tile in a factory with a set of some hundreds "blueprints", that are rated as "clever" (with their cleverness points). It's nothing else than a 2D-search in 4 directions.

Till yet this is nearly possible in LUA as a mod. What is missing is:
1. load many blueprints into LUA at once, so that the blueprint is stored as a data-structure (functions to access it, instead of string operations on serialized objects).
2. a (very) fast way to compare such in-memory-blueprints with a piece of map in all directions.
:)

This would be also the way to automatically search for cleverness: Having quite small structures like an inserter, that moves stuff from one belt to another or using splitter in a clever way (simple balancer or lane-switcher) and so on (there are hundreds of such small "tricks") and searching in an limited area, how many of such small "structures" can be found. If the density in one area is higher than all around, we found a new "clever structure". This is a hotspot, that could be looked more detailed.

Hmm..... :geek:

The more I think about it, the more I think, that would be really cool, cause it would be a absolute useful new game element: Let's say an absolute beginner begins to play around with belts and finds the first time a way to switch items from one side of a belt to the other. A notice shows up "Hurray, you found the 'item-lane-switcher #24', you get 2 experience points and stack of belts will be dropped down in this direction."

No more "I have a cool new idea for a new belt-type"-suggestions any more, instead a "I think I found a new clever micro-structure, which the game doesn't know, what do you mean?"
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

hoho
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by hoho »

How would you differentiate between random mess of belts, splitters and inserters from something that actually does something?

Return to “Show your Creations”