8 and 8 to 8 Belt Merger at right angles

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Allstar
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

8 and 8 to 8 Belt Merger at right angles

Post by Allstar »

Casual player going 'big' for the first time. Had a problem, looked for a solution but couldn't find one so I made one. it's not amazing but it might be useful.

The situation:
During ore production I've got 2 sets of 8 belts coming at each other orthogonally. All 16 belts will have the same ore on (the different ones are just for illustrative purposes.) Typically only one set of 8 will be active. The original layout was 11x9 squares but I needed 2 squares more to fit something else in so I moved the next step one further away and spent some time shrinking this one square to be 10 across by 9 high. AKA one wider than the belt lanes intersection on three sides.

What is does:
One belt is taken from the right side, one is taken from the bottom, then merged with a splitter and output onto one belt going left. This doesn't do any balancing just takes whatever is coming from two different directions and sends it away.

My Opinion:
Is it pretty? No. Does it work? Yes.

If it's useful it's here, if you do something better; post it!
8 Lanes from right, 8 lanes from bottom, one from each merged and output left.
8 Lanes from right, 8 lanes from bottom, one from each merged and output left.
8-and-8-to-8-right-angle-merger.jpg (338.37 KiB) Viewed 2787 times
With an example Overlay
Blue Print

Shaun_das_Schaf
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: 8 and 8 to 8 Belt Merger at right angles

Post by Shaun_das_Schaf »

I really like you're design and will try this soon! The only thing that bothers me a little bit is the bottom splitter that is side-loading on the belt in front of it, but that shouldn't be to much of a problem.
It could even be solved by setting the splitter's filter to the item that is on the belts and change the priority output to the left output.
And I disagree with you: Compact designs look complicated and complicated stuff is almost always pretty in Factorio :)

Return to “Show your Creations”