Belt based reseach labs with beacons

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Encrypted
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Belt based reseach labs with beacons

Post by Encrypted »

I have a big base and wanted to upgrade my science labs but the thought of using bots was just a little too easy. But i wanted the labs to be beacond too so i needed to build something new. With the new splitters in mind i could create this new setup.
research-labs-beacond.png
research-labs-beacond.png (828.61 KiB) Viewed 3397 times
It uses 2 blue belts with science packs to loop through the science labs. But we have 7 types of science so we need to merge the science unto a belt in order for it to work. As the research doesn't always take all science (rarely does) so you need to loop the excess science back and reuse it. So the merge part also reuses old science packs from the loop and gives it priority. Lastly the input of science packs sometimes stops (because of various reasons) so we need to make sure it does not stall when there is an input problrem. For this i use circuits to only allow the half of the belt to continue if both inputs are enough. See the images below:

* The amount of labs is calculated for the mining productivity science which takes 60s. If you research something that takes only 30s not all research labs will be operational.
reasearch-labs-beacond-merger.png
reasearch-labs-beacond-merger.png (2.62 MiB) Viewed 3397 times
Circuit read settings
Circuit turn on off settings

This build can be extended 6 times so it uses almost a full blue belt per science. This will grant you north of 2k science per minute and should be more then enough for anyone (well almost everyone).
research-labs-beacond-6.png
research-labs-beacond-6.png (2.25 MiB) Viewed 3397 times
Blueprint

Return to “Show your Creations”