Custom Race Scenario used for Anti's charity stream

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

rain9441
Inserter
Inserter

Custom Race Scenario used for Anti's charity stream

Post by rain9441 »

There was a request in chat to make the custom scenario I made for the charity stream available to the public. This is a scenario I had created this week as a sort of "0.16 hype" scenario. I was given instructions to make a "race" so I explored world editor for a bit and then added a few custom pieces of fun! I took some inspiration from Mario Kart, of course. The map takes about 7-8 minutes per lap and the suggested number of laps to run is merely two. It is setup for multiplayer, so bring your friends together and try it out.

It is not extremely refined, so I apologize...

INSTALLATION:

Unzip the file into your Scenarios folder (%APPDATA%/Factorio/Scenarios). It is *not* a saved game, it is a scenario! Launch your game and look for "AntisRaceFinal" in your Scenarios folder.

GAMEPLAY:

To get started, find a garage and put all of your starting items in the east-most chest (you'll have to deposit a furnace, a burner mining drill, and your 4 iron plates!) to get yourself some fuel. After depositing the materials, that'll cause about 26 wooden poles to be inserterd into your car. In the west most chest you'll find a lot of replacement cars and some repair packs. GRAB THEM. You'll need them!

take your car east towards the starting line. The gate is up by default. As soon as everyone is ready you can start the race by turning the yellow inserter (just north of starting line) 90 degrees so that it places copper wire into the other chest. Wait a few seconds and the lights and sounds will indicate the race has started. Oh yeah, the wall drops too which helps!

The rules we played with are as follows: You must pass the two major milestones, "Oil" and "Power". Then you must cross the finish line to complete a lap. If you die, you must start over. You may deviate from the path all you want, but at the cost of time (unless you find grenades).

Along the path are various requester chests which are populated with "power ups" - fuel, grenades, ammo, stone furnaces, etc.

Anything is fair game, so if you need to pick up something in front of you - do so. And don't hesitate to drop it behind you to clog the path for others!

Atm I have it just on a google drive, but I don't know if that is something I can paste here, so I hope it works and stays up but I'll find another host for it if need be.

DOWNLOAD: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1rHSxXD ... sp=sharing

I threw this together this week in haste, so I apologize if it is rather crude and/or has bugs
Last edited by rain9441 on Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

terror_gnom
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Custom Race Scenario used for Anti's charity stream

Post by terror_gnom »

Sounds hilarious, but Im not sure if its my eyes or you forgot the link :P

Return to “Show your Creations”