JoshLittle Factory A

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

JoshLittle Factory A

Post by JoshLittle »

I decided to show you an overview of the map I played most of the time in the game.

Just some notes:
  • It seems to be very poluted. But it was a lot worse. The only things that run on full speed modules is the oil area in the south-west and the coal production in the north to make the not neaded coal much faster desapear for the last pieces of my "formed" solar farm in the north. Coal and iron in the middle are running without effency modules what is the main reason for the pollution in the north.
  • The main area has changed a lot over the play of the map. There where times the dark red area of pollution went a lot over the lake in the south-east. But now nearly everything in the main area is pushed down to -70% with a small and a middle effency module. The pollution decreased a lot. But I never had issues with the biters.
  • The name sign has a width of 33 "pixels" and each pixel has a width of 2 solar panels and a gap. 34x7 = 238 tiles wide. Even with construction bots it took a while to construct the right way. You may notice the first try in the east I didn't finish yet. It has only a pixelsize of 6 and half of the pixels. Only the J is outlined with belts.
  • My main issue with the map is the rare iron. At the moment I can fill two slow belts coming into my iron smelting area, but it will not stay long. Every orefield is so small... By gaining iron I also get a lot of copperfields and there are a lot small and bigger ons still inside the walls. Coal I don't use for anything else than plastic, therefore the fields are a waste (why is there no receipt to turn coal with water and a bit of magic into oil? ;) )
  • For expansion I might gain the rest of the area to the east up to the lake in the north-east (because of iron and oil), but then I will discover the south-west. I might expand the wall to the lake in the south-west, but then it might be that I build my first train. The main incoming station will be south of the copper-smelting. Hopefully somewhere in the south-west are some bigger ironfiels.
If your belt feels too long, your wall is just too short :mrgreen:

JoshLittle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: JoshLittle Factory A

Post by JoshLittle »

I got into trains now and had my moments with the signals.

Here is the big station I will use for every possible outpost. For the moment it is a bit oversized, but I didn't want to rebuild the whole map only to find out that I probably couldn't make a functioning central place. It could be better, but now it is working...
  • The main connection is from the left and to the left.
  • To the top is a surrounding loop for trains to turn around if every line is full. The loop has also a way through my main area over wich I connected a second oil field.
  • The loop is big enough to accommodate up to over ten lines.
  • Existing lines at the moment (from the top; *entry from left): 1. Service (just to fill the first wagon), 2 and 3. ore delivering, 4* oil delivering, 5* main incoming line, 6-8* some tests for waiting lines.
  • For the unloading I tried a bit and came to the result with these 6-inserter-loops. They can fill a slow belt completely. And for the moment they are strong enough to empty the train in around 15-20 seconds and no inserter has to wait on a full line. I don't need to unload from both sides of the train. Because the central inserters take out much more I use some robots to level the chests out. At the end of a wave the outer 4 inserters are working at last and the central providers are empty, but that is better than only the central 2 inserters have the last pieces. After I finished the second line, the robots level it also over to the other line. The full time to emtpy a train is shorten again. The belts to the right are long enough to hold the whole amount of ore. At the ends is a long string of smelters which can handle the waves of ore (they were put down to handle two full slow belts).
  • The first wagon in every line is filled with service stuff ( https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =18&t=5516 )

Big chances in the whole map:
  • Expansion to the northern lake in the east
  • Starting of the train system
If your belt feels too long, your wall is just too short :mrgreen:

sbroadbent
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: JoshLittle Factory A

Post by sbroadbent »

JoshLittle wrote:Coal I don't use for anything else than plastic, therefore the fields are a waste (why is there no receipt to turn coal with water and a bit of magic into oil? ;) )
Check out the mod Coal liquefaction. It allows you to do exactly that.

Once I get solar power going and to a degree Solid Fuel, my Coal usage drops considerably as well.
SB Gaming Youtube Channel:
ImageImage
Also includes series for Cities Skylines, Prison Architect, Euro Truck Simulator 2, Far Cry 2, and Test Drive Unlimited 2.

Return to “Show your Creations”