2 science/s (beaconed)

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

2 science/s (beaconed)

Post by vanatteveldt »

I wanted to design a 'science outpost' for use in my new base. Plates and circuits are assumed to come by train.

I aimed for around 2/s of each science (except space), which is consumed by just over 7 labs when fully boosted (8 beacons, 4 prod modules, 4 research).

This comes down to 2 each of all science plants except blue, which needs 4 (all with prod modules and fully boosted). Military actually only uses 1.5 plants.

I designed it in 4 rows between beacons and one row with only beacons from one side for products without productivity (mostly). I shuffled some things around so some things could probably be arranged a bit more logically.
The design seems to use about 350 bots full time.

production stats
helmod
blueprint
(edit: looking at the helmod, it might make a lot of sense to ship in gears as well, since 6k of the 11k iron are used for creating 2k gears/min, which would make room for adding furnaces to create bricks)
blueprint with furnaces without gear plant

kann_
Inserter
Inserter

Re: 2 science/s (beaconed)

Post by kann_ »

Man I just redesigned my science setup for 1s.

Your setup is so much nicer!

The only thing I will change is for example the copper wire/yellow science part. I will move the copper wire assembler 2 tiles down and let it eject into a chest on top. Than you can directly insert into the yellow science assemblers. Same with belts and green science. Ammo into gray science... and the red engines should be on the sides so you save the row of tiles below with the lube.

mrvn
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: 2 science/s (beaconed)

Post by mrvn »

Shouldn't you move things around to minimize bot travel times?

E.g. gears should be produced on the side where iron plates arrive. And then consumers of gears should be next to it. Things you need a lot of should be near the roboports and so on.

Return to “Show your Creations”