New Player Success

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

KhrisKruel
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

New Player Success

Post by KhrisKruel »

Hey guys I got the game two days ago and holy crap I'm blown away. After having not been able to beat the second campaign mission, I decided to freeplay and test some things out.

After about 6 hours of messing around, and doing my best not to spoil myself with the wiki, I made this!

I was so happy that I got 5 tech labs to run constantly without anymore input from myself. I didn't even want to touch it, just watch in amazement.

For some reason though, I still can't beat the second mission

_aD
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: New Player Success

Post by _aD »

In the not too distant future you will cringe at the thought of putting copper wire on a belt ;-)

I love setting up a complex sub-Factorium to produce something, leaving it all powered down. Once I've checked it over, hit the power and woooosh, watch that baby fly. Most satisfying!

Just wait till you get to robotics and using blueprints for construction. That is the good stuff for self-spectatorship!

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

well that is a good start, but you have a lot to go Science pack 3(blues),Crude Oil (liquid), robot, Power armor and a lot more
there is a lot of Playthrough on youtube if you like to see what over peaple have done.
or you look at a done factor like mine (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... f=8&t=4710) :)

Blackence
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Blackence »

Don't spoil yourself by watching playthroughs.

I didn't, and now that you've got red and green sciene working all by yourself, start working on blue. TBH I had to check the wiki for some details about oil processing. And also for logistic robots details. And some effective strategies how to kill those biter nests. And train details. FWIW, I also put copper wire on a belt (it never occured that there could be more efficient solutions) and it was quite the bottle neck later on. So what. :D

Then, when you've played through factorio (almost) on your own, you can start watching the pros and be amazed by the neat solutions they come up with. It's another level of fun, but it kills the first level of fun!

Return to “Show your Creations”