Factorio w/ Jerry - YouTube Play-Along aimed at new players

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Thalarctia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Factorio w/ Jerry - YouTube Play-Along aimed at new players

Post by Thalarctia »

Hey guys and gals!

As you can probably guess from the forum that we are in, as well as the title of my thread, I am here to promote a series of videos I'm in the process of making about our common interest - Factorio! But rather than just leave a link and leave, I want to share a bit more about me, my channel and why you should spend your valuable spare time watching my videos - After all, time is precious and we all want to spend it in a good way!

So, a bit about me and my channel - I've been doing YouTube Play-Along series for about a year and a half now, and have managed to gather a small, but devout following, for which I am extremely grateful. On my channel I tend to play games with a rather high degree of complexity, puzzle solving and logistical challenges. I started out playing Better Than Wolves for Minecraft, and have since moved to other equally complex mods - I am currently doing a series on the GregTech mod, which bears a lot of similarities to Factorio actually. Other series of note have been (in no particular order) Banished, Gnomoria and OpenTTD, all of which were quite liked by their respective audiences.

I try to go for the more complex games, first of all, because I like them myself. I love to think, I love mental challenges, and I love solving puzzles, it comes very natural to me. But complex games also has a certain appeal to me as a YouTube user, both as content creator and consumer - I love watching how other people solve the various challenges that games pose, and the more complex a game is, the more amazing solutions are thought up by players. Story-heavy games tend to leave you with only one possible experience, and if you watch a series of that, you've pretty much experienced the game. Challenging sandbox games are different, every player tackles it differently as their game will have other enemies, other resources etc. for the player to work with. My hope is that people will see my videos as additions to their own game experience, rather than a replacement for them. A lot of my viewers watch my stuff while they play the game themselves, and from their feedback I can tell that they enjoy the different mindset I put into my gameplay, and hopefully you will as well!

If you've made it this far, well done! Also, here's a link to my Factorio playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... XZH8kEGf8Q
I really hope you enjoy the series and, by all means, if you have any comments or feedback, feel free to leave it either here, or on the relevant videos!

Sincerely,
Jerry

Thalarctia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio w/ Jerry - YouTube Play-Along aimed at new play

Post by Thalarctia »

Just a quick update to let you guys know that part 9 of my Factorio series just went live!

I also want to give a shout out to all the people who have found my videos through this forum! You guys have been breathing a good deal of life into the series through your participation, and it makes the entire thing much more of a joyful thing to do, knowing that my videos are being watched and appreciated! As always, if you have any comments, things you'd like to see me do in the series etc. feel free to toss them my way!

Sincerely,
Jerry

Thalarctia
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Factorio w/ Jerry - YouTube Play-Along aimed at new play

Post by Thalarctia »

Woop woop, been a while since I've updated this! Episode 20 of my Factorio series is scheduled for release tomorrow, so there's never been a better time to catch up on the adventure ;)

As I wrote in the opening post, I am playing this game very much as a "first time" experience, at least in regards to the mid/late game, and so far the experience has been very rewarding! Whereas manual crafting is indeed an option for some stuff early on, it quickly becomes absolutely impossible to keep up, forcing players to automate and innovate like few other games manage! So far I've figured out trains, power armor, oil refining and am now working on wrapping my head around the logistics system! It's all very thrilling, and I get the feeling from my viewers that they get the same feelings through my commentary, even if they don't play themselves! So come join the fun, laugh at the noob and let's shoot some bugs!

Return to “Show your Creations”