Tileable Kovarex enrichment plant

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

LordGiammai
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Tileable Kovarex enrichment plant

Post by LordGiammai »

An easy tileable Kovarex enrichment plant with beacons and some combinators. It keeps 40 U-235 for himself and output one on the right belt. On the left you can see the U-238 input and output. There are 2 blueprint, one with power switch and one without.

I've made a power switch in the output belt to avoid it from clogging with excess uranium: when the lane is full the power switch will turn off and stop all the centrifuges connected with the first one, so you should put the blueprint with the power switch first and the normal one after.

Be careful on these stack inserters and chest:
CHEST

The stack inserter in this design work with a stack size of 6, if you change this don't choose a divisor of 40 or the inserter on the right will not output uranium 235. (so you can use stack size of 3,6,12,...)

blueprint Centrifuge with power switch
blueprint Centrifuge
Sorry for my terrible english :lol:

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Tileable Kovarex enrichment plant

Post by Shokubai »

Nice work on the idea. I am not sure it's truly tillable in the sense it is typically used but none the less good work.

Neotix
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neotix »

Why so much combinators? It can be done without any of them.

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

Kovarex.PNG
Kovarex.PNG (1.01 MiB) Viewed 3605 times
Alright, I figured I'd throw in my version. This is designed to be a place-and-forget block that can be placed right when you start mining uranium, providing maximally efficient use of your scarce U235 but automatically ramping up to high production once the process gets going.

Features:
1) Single 1-centrifuge block, tileable to any size.
2) Automatic startup. Place any number of blocks in series. They will start up in order, with the first block grabbing exactly 40 U235 before any gets to the second block, etc.
3) Zero waste. There is never more than 40 U235 inside any single block
4) Allows space for beacons (if you're in to that kind of thing) but can also be nested tightly if not using beacons.
5) Uses lots of combinators. Yay combinators!!!

How to set up:
1) Non-beaconed
Place blocks right next to each other (see screenshot)
Connect U238 to the red input (top left)
Connect U235 to the yellow input (bottom left)
The U235 output is the yellow output (bottom right)
In this mode, the underground belts can be replaced with normal belts if you prefer. You'll have one weird extra red underground belt at the end of the line that you can delete.

2) Beaconed
Place blocks 4 tiles apart so that the underground belts line up. The underground belts will give you clearance for beacons.

Make sure the blueprint is fully built before connecting the U235, otherwise the counters may get confused.
Blueprint

Selvek
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Selvek »

Neotix wrote:Why so much combinators? It can be done without any of them.
1) Because they are awesome :)
2) Because combinators are the only way to maximally use the U235. With a simple process, each centrifuge will "hoard" a ton of U235, slowing down your enrichment speed in the early game where U235 is scarce.

Return to “Show your Creations”