Bot Swarm

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Bot Swarm

Post by septemberWaves »

I have no idea where to post these screenshots so I'm putting them here.

I set up an early-game bot-based loading station for my train (to bring me materials that I need to build outposts to upscale my factory).

It's quite fun to watch the swarms of bots be unleashed from the roboports, particularly when they do this:

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Bot Swarm

Post by Shokubai »

Good Ole bot swarm! Nice work.

I notice the train in your first image seems like a supply train/builder train. If so you probably want to use more requester chests and limit each chest to 1 item. The problem is inserters will get stuck holding 1 item and be unable to fill with another. I might also suggest a couple more roboports near the train to aid in recharge.

I use the same Idea with my FARL train regularly. 1 car for track, another for lights, power, signals, drills, assemblers,etc, another car for oil/chem, another for concrete, etc...etc...It gets pretty large as the game progresses.

Bookman24
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Bookman24 »

I have no screenshot of it, but during my first playthrough when I first started playing with the logistic network, I had set a couple hundred items to be brought to me, then i started running from the snake of logistic bots that formed because I had no idea what they were.

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Shokubai »

Bookman24 wrote:I have no screenshot of it, but during my first playthrough when I first started playing with the logistic network, I had set a couple hundred items to be brought to me, then i started running from the snake of logistic bots that formed because I had no idea what they were.
LOL!

I like to make my bots chase me frequently. With Mk2 personal ports and 200 bots in inventory Im like " naw B@#Thes chase me!"

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

[Koub] Topic moved to Show your creations : I feel it fits better here.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

septemberWaves
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by septemberWaves »

Shokubai wrote:I notice the train in your first image seems like a supply train/builder train. If so you probably want to use more requester chests and limit each chest to 1 item. The problem is inserters will get stuck holding 1 item and be unable to fill with another. I might also suggest a couple more roboports near the train to aid in recharge.
That is what the train is for, I thought that was reasonably well implied by the fact that I said this is "to bring me materials that I need to build outposts to upscale my factory" but evidently it wasn't totally clear. But yes, that is what the train is for.

I have discovered those problem already actually. I've overridden the stack sizes on the inserters to stay at 1, but that does make loading rather slow. This is all a temporary setup however, and even this entire main bus setup will be dismantled once I have the new one in place. For that though, I need to put together my first ore refinery - which will produce every basic metal except for lithium and cobalt plates (it will produce cobalt oxide though) - and that is mostly what the train is for. I'll also use the train for setting up assembly outposts, which is what I'll be using to replace this early main bus.

As for the idea of extra roboports, I'd be using extra if this was a permanent setup, but since it's not there's not really any need to add more roboports. The chests are always refilled by the time I return to this station (it's not a long train journey to get to the ore refinery, but assembling the arrays does take a while even with blueprints and nanobots).

It may interest people to know, also, that the main bus of this early-game factory is actually running off of only a single yellow belt of iron, which, surprisingly, has been adequate in almost all situations so far. There were throughput issues when I set up this train supply station, but that was only because the factory had to craft everything at once (and I'm supplying a lot of items to the train).

Return to “Show your Creations”