[0.15.9] Science pack production 170 pm, with beacons

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

tamanous
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

[0.15.9] Science pack production 170 pm, with beacons

Post by tamanous »

Greetings fellow earthlings.

I'd like to share my attempt on science pack production (since there is some lack here in the forums).
The assembly produces about 170 packs each per minute. I've excluded space science packs.

This is a nearly full view that includes the side-BUS feeding the assembly. I've expanded the belts sideways to offer a better overview. Please note that steel and electric circuits are delivered via BUS and produced onside, too. I've used low grade belts and inserters where possible to reduce the production costs. This layout contains 212 efficiency modules in 63 assembly machines and 12 electric furnaces and 222 speed modules in 111 beacons. There are several options to downgrade from assembly machine 3s to 2s not taken [ see iron gear wheels for expamples ]. A lot of inserters have overwritten stack size.
overview.jpg
overview.jpg (18.01 MiB) Viewed 2986 times
Production info
1 full compressed express transport belt has a throughput of 2400 items per minute, so this plants needs 4 belts for iron plates, and 2 belts for copper plates. Everything else fits on on express belt. ---- You'll notice the usage of a BUS tact of 5 for iron plates in the primary screenshot. I wanted the belts exiting the bus to be fully compressed, but my attempt to do so kept the inputting BUS belts stuttering at some points [ see [0.14] Overflow splitting for further information ]. I added a 5th belt to compensate for this.
Electric network info
The average energy usage is around 147 MW.
Blueprint without BUS
Blueprint with BUS

Return to “Show your Creations”