Optimizing the Dev's Trailer Map

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Optimizing the Dev's Trailer Map

Post by CreeperDaReeper »

As the title says. The developers have given us an advanced base to meddle with. Just how optimized can we make it?

I've made myself a modified version of the map with all the steam engines placed in wooden chests, and all the Solar Panels & Accumulators disconnected from the network. I placed back in the conveyor belts they removed to halt production. If anyone wants said modified map to start from, just say so and I'll post a download link here.

Original Map

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Optimizing the Dev's Trailer Map

Log: 62 / 01
Date: 427X

After days of driving and nearly running out of fuel, I've stumbled across an abandoned base.
Day 1
--While the design seems fairly standard, with a few advanced methods here and there, the oddest feature by far are the research materials. They were using ROCKETS for research! I'm amazed the previous owner didn't blow him/her/themselves, or the base itself, to bits. What interests me the most though are the missing conveyors, all of them having been crucial points in the various production lines. Adding to that, is the wooden chest I found holding a bunch of Steam Engines and Sub Stations. While these things unsettle me, I've found them to be something of a blessing in disguise. Nearby is a decent sized Biter nest, something that might explain the base's current state of inactivity. Its getting dark as I write this, so any restoration efforts will have to wait till tomorrow. I need sleep. Rest not interrupted by swarms of berserk wildlife.

Log: 02
Day 8
--Its been a week since my last entry. The Biters have been blessedly quiet all the while. At first I was only going to update the existing layout, but one thing lead to another, and I've ended up dismantling the entire base. All that's left are the four trains, a small part of the resource depot, and so very many chests full of raw resources. I've named the area after said four trains.
--During my work, I've found several small resource deposits under the base, those are the first things on my list.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

You might add also your position on map. Press F5 to see it.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

CreeperDaReeper
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Log: 03

After hours upon hours of exhausting work, I've settled upon a depot design between throughput speed, and required materials.
Day 12
I've archived a few of my attempted layouts for future reference.
Dual Sorters
Maximum Transfer Rate
Log: 04

The main smelting lines are done. Supplying them with enough ore fast enough seems to be a bit of a challenge though.
Iron AND Copper
Stone
Log: 05

I began to worry a little as I left the relative safety of QuadroMotive's fortified area, and with good reason. Just to the South-East of where the mining outpost once stood, lay the biter nest I mentioned a few logs previous. While slightly unsettling, the biters never strayed from the edge of the nearby forest that sat between the outpost and their nest, another blessing.
Western Mining Outpost
I set out for the South-East as I found Coal, Iron, and Copper at the end of the original southern train tracks.

The longer I stay here, the greater sense of mounting dread I have. Something isn't right.

Return to “Show your Creations”