A Basic and easy layout

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Leight
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

A Basic and easy layout

Post by Leight »

Just wanted to show you my "basic" factory layout. Hit automated blue science in 1:30h (new personal record yay) with all enemy modifiers on maximum.
http://imgur.com/NtQrzv9

Mods used: Floors! https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =14&t=4521

MisterSpock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: A Basic and easy layout

Post by MisterSpock »

Which version do u play? 10.2?

Leight
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Leight »

Yes this is 0.10.2

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

Very nice, i like this alot. Very clean and straight forward. You know you've got a good design when a random can look at it and understand it in under 10 secs. I like how you've got an easily accessible iron/copper plate input. Later on the down the track you can just switch over your input (or add inputs if you upgrade the belts) and keep that entire chain running.

Just noticed your solution to move the iron plates to the inside of the belt at your furnaces, what is the benefit of doing it that way? I've always used a splitter and then curved it around:

Code: Select all

|
| |
|
> |
   |

Like that. Has only one corner in the belt as opposed to two.

theit8514
Inserter
Inserter

Post by theit8514 »

Doing it this way, you shouldn't need to use fast transport belts to make way for the lower furnaces to outsert because the higher furnaces are going to the inner track. I typically do the same thing (or alternate near/far) using half inserters from DyTech. It makes it a bit more efficient.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by -root »

I was talking about how he's actually done the transition. The OP has used two corners as opposed to a splitter and one corner to move the resources to the inner line. I was wondering which was more efficient. Inefficiency early in a production chain can really mess with the output rate at the end.

Leight
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Leight »

I was wondering which was more efficient. Inefficiency early in a production chain can really mess with the output rate at the end.
The Splitter one should be more effective.
Normally i use only 8 furnaces and upgrade them to steel -> electric (by switching the coal lines to ores) that way i can fully supply all science with a rather small overflow for myself.

In this game my Iron consumption was way higher than normal due to rushing blue science and oil asap and only one output line couldnt keep up with the consumption 100% of the time.

Nomally im trying to move the green circuits on the other side, that way i can use a second furnace layout right next to the original one and place the other production on the opposite side of the science.

I will post an updated screenshot soon.

Return to “Show your Creations”