SpockFactory

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

MisterSpock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

SpockFactory

Post by MisterSpock »

After my first upload failed. Here it comes.

1 Science per sec

1 Modul per min

Producivity

Trains and Blubb

Everything

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: SpockFactory

Post by ssilk »

I tested that many times now and I'm sure this is a good tip:

- For the unloading of the trains inserters are no other way.
- But then I use bots to empty the chests (the inserters put it into active provider chests) as fast as possible

This is per sure the best strategy to unload the wagons equally balanced!

- The bots put the most ore then into requester chests, which are very near.
- The requester chests are then unloaded on many, many belts, which go up to the north.

From here you can feed your furnaces from the belts or you make it like so:

- Every X tiles is again an active provider chests, which is loaded from the belt. So you have some sort of "sub-stations"
- The bots move it mainly from the "substation-requester chests" to the furnaces.
- The furnaces are then loaded by smart inserters, which insert only, if you have not enough plates in your storage.
- The output of the furnace is then again a provider chests and from here on it reflects the input side.

Ok, this is a bit oversized...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MisterSpock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MisterSpock »

ssilk wrote:I tested that many times now and I'm sure this is a good tip:

- For the unloading of the trains inserters are no other way.
- But then I use bots to empty the chests (the inserters put it into active provider chests) as fast as possible

This is per sure the best strategy to unload the wagons equally balanced!

- The bots put the most ore then into requester chests, which are very near.
- The requester chests are then unloaded on many, many belts, which go up to the north.

From here you can feed your furnaces from the belts or you make it like so:

- Every X tiles is again an active provider chests, which is loaded from the belt. So you have some sort of "sub-stations"
- The bots move it mainly from the "substation-requester chests" to the furnaces.
- The furnaces are then loaded by smart inserters, which insert only, if you have not enough plates in your storage.
- The output of the furnace is then again a provider chests and from here on it reflects the input side.

Ok, this is a bit oversized...
Yes, that is a good way. But i dont like the idea of masstransport by bots. Im going to optimize the non-bot version.

DerivePi
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DerivePi »

Fantastic layout. Thanks for sharing!

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I just want to mention, that bots work differently than any other transport-element in factorio: their transport capacity depends on the average distance of the chests and the transport amount.

Or in other words: the throughput depends on the "density" of your layout. Or perhaps better: the density of provider (=source-) and requester (=target)-chests that have a job for the bots.

Or in other words: it makes much sense to build "isles" or "zones" of very high density and do mass transport by belts between those isles.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

MisterSpock
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MisterSpock »

ssilk wrote:I just want to mention, that bots work differently than any other transport-element in factorio: their transport capacity depends on the average distance of the chests and the transport amount.

Or in other words: the throughput depends on the "density" of your layout. Or perhaps better: the density of provider (=source-) and requester (=target)-chests that have a job for the bots.

Or in other words: it makes much sense to build "isles" or "zones" of very high density and do mass transport by belts between those isles.
Yeah, i did understand. The idea is fine and works. But my personal competition is: only use them for few things

DasMonzta
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by DasMonzta »

yeah, robots are to easy :-)
I only like to use them for construction and destruction and to put my inventory sorted in some storage chests.

Return to “Show your Creations”