Factorio Speedrun 9 hours 57 minutes

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

-root
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Factorio Speedrun 9 hours 57 minutes

Post by -root »

Cracking effort. Has anyone plotted out the most efficient research route?

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sander Buruma »

AM1, Logistics 1, Military 1, Steel, Electronics, AM2, Steel Furnaces, Military 2, Improved Poles 1, Logistics 2, Oil, Liquids Storage, Batteries, Lasers (+damage/speed 3-4), Plastics, Adv Electronics, AM3, Logistics 3, Speed/Productivity 1-5 + Rocket defense (+ requisite techs).

Where not mentioned I have forgotten the requisite techs but they should be quite obvious. Early lasers are important for efficient biter clearing efforts and are the only thing needed for it besides electricity and poles. Military is handy to get a grenade production started so you can efficiently clear forests if you have any. For the rest you need to ensure you produce 1080 Electronic Circuits, 190 Adv Circuits, 30 Processing Units and 590 units of petrol to produce 1 Level 3 Module/min. That is 1080 Iron + 2000 Copper a minute, or more if you want to be faster. Thats 34 Iron Miners and 62 Copper Miners.

Crafting Speed required for the production of items needed for 1 level 3 Module per minute: (total crafting speed is simply the sum of the crafting speed of every assembler that produces a specific item)

Copper Wire: 16.67 (13.3 AM3)
Electronic Circuits: 9.0 (7.2 AM3)
Advanced Circuits: 25.33 (20.264 AM3)
Processing Units: 7.5 (6 AM3)
Plastic: 3.17 (3 Chemical Plants)
Sulfuric Acid: 3 Chemical plants from petrol to acid, needs 0.125/s petrol
Petrol: 6.45/s (~7.30 Oil/s with cracking, 4 Refineries, 1 heavy & 5 Light oil crackers (5.28 Crafting speed for the plastic, plus a negligible amount for sulfuric acid)

The number of assemblers, plants and refineries can be reduced with the use of speed modules, which can be recovered for the Rocket Defense.
I suggest using level 3 productivity modules (as soon as you've built them) with 2 adjacent speed beacons for the production of processing units, seeing as they are the best intermediate product to benefit from a productivity boost. Processing unit assemblers are the best productivity module candidates because they're very small and the greatly increased demand in electricity is still pretty minor compared to the total electricity of the whole system, which goes down because there need to be fewer because of the higher productivity. Only about 874 Electronic Circuits / Min are needed with 40% productivity on processing units, and that's with a recoverable investment of your first 12-16 level 3 productivity modules (in 4 AM3s) and 8 speed 3s to put in the beacons. An AM3 with 4 productivity modules and 2 speed 3 beacons produces at the same rate as an assembler with 2.31 Crafting Speed, hence the need for only 4 AM3s.

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

Great job calculating that! Next it should be good thing to see where the invisible hand lands when it comes to balancing production speed and time to start the production.

trevbillion
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by trevbillion »

Artman40 wrote:Has anyone tried to speedrun campaigns?
I did notice someone on reddit with a 5hr 20 minute speedrun. I'm planning out a route now so I can beat his time. He provides save file which is really helpful although the replay keeps desyncing because alpha.

Link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/factorio/commen ... ustom_map/

cullyn
Inserter
Inserter

Post by cullyn »

Just spent some time checking out a tech tree path, I made it into a wsplit file if anyone wants to have a go.

Get wsplit http://www.mediafire.com/download/x6e6g ... _1.5.2.zip

At the bottom of the text file are icons for each split, they are found in your game directory, mine is on my "g" drive, you will have to change that to get them to display properly.

Ive not had a chance to play this through, while i did check for conflicts( prerequisites) it may not be right. Feedback is most welcome.
factorio-wsplit.zip
(777 Bytes) Downloaded 176 times
RSO LetsPlay Playlist

Artman40
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Artman40 »

Apparently, someone now completed the game in less than 6 hours. Barely.

djnekkid
Inserter
Inserter

Post by djnekkid »

Artman40 wrote:Apparently, someone now completed the game in less than 6 hours. Barely.
Yep, I certainly did :D

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCizEAI ... X-HjXvVHFg

jacksonJFord
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jacksonJFord »

9hrs is pretty damn impressive :) alot of my games im still playing with trains and messing with laser turrets at 10hrs :)

Nice work.

Thanks
Jackson
Feel Free To Check Out My YouTube Channel For Factorio Videos (Let's Play)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCsf3QF ... oF9SfpLz-Q

Thanks - Jackson

Return to “Show your Creations”