Just my little base.

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Just my little base.

Post by Sander Buruma »

Just my starting setup at about 1:50.
It has been producing 1 red/green pack every two seconds for the last 50 minutes and at the moment it is limited due to a shortage of iron. The green circuit network limits science packs to 200 in the storage up at the northeast corner.

I've been trying to optimize my build order so I get things built and researched asap with a highly optimized and efficient setup. Calculations show I need to add 4 more iron miners to produce 45 of both packs every minute.

DaveMcW
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Just my little base.

Post by DaveMcW »

A single gear assembler will limit you to 36 packs/minute.

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

which is enough ;)

Rahjital
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Rahjital »

Well, Sander Buruma did say he wanted to boost production to 45 packs/minute by adding miners, but he may not realize he needs to speed up his gear production as well.

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

ok, you're right about that, sorry. I built a similar setup, but with tier 1 assemblies for the packs and a tier 2 for gears. I guess a tier 3 assembly could be enough for this setup. or even some speed modules?

45 packs per minute is a lot, anyway. good luck keeping up with blue production, later. ;)

In my latest game I used one assembly for each, red and green, and two for blue. and if I ever had shortages it was because of a lack of resources.

Sander Buruma
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sander Buruma »

I added a gear assembler for the inserter production, thanks for spotting it :p. Unfortunately I found it hard to expand at the rate I was researching.
So this is the base 6h 20m in. As it is, progress is bottle necked by low plastics production which im in the process of fixing. Smelted copper is being imported by train from the far southwest. I'm trying to make minimal use of logistics bot, so they're only supporting the production of low volume items. Logistics bots are being built continuously and automatically, altough I have too many as the place only needs about 30 and it has 150.
Attachments
temp2.jpg
temp2.jpg (827.21 KiB) Viewed 5778 times

Return to “Show your Creations”