22 Billion Wall. Modular - Bucket brigade

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Redominus
Inserter
Inserter

22 Billion Wall. Modular - Bucket brigade

Post by Redominus »

Introduction
This is my most refined late game certified wall design.
Thrump approved.
Other uses
Construction robots in independent logistics networks maintain the wall; each roboport is an autonomous network. Logistics robots using logistics chest in the network perimeter transfer items from section to section.
All sections have three rows of lasers, overlapping flame turrets, two rows of wall and seven rows of interleaved wall pieces to hinder bitter movement increasing flame turrets effectiveness. Concrete arrows and patterns to help position the blueprints. Also one turret in both sides of every section that prevent connecting L to R with R to L (Except the Joiner)
The wall starts always from the supply train station and expands from there left to right and right to left. Therefore, every type of section have two version: left to right (L to R) and right to left (R to L). Only exceptions, the supply station and the joiner. To join L to R and R to L on a closed loop wall you should use the Joiner section.
Wall Pieces
Station
Straight sections
Outward Corner
Inward Corner
Rail In_Out
Example Train Schedules
These Examples are valid as of 0.14.x. In 0.15 train station will be deactivable via circuit so one train to many stations will be always the better option.
one train to many wall stations
One train for each station
Setup
It's advised to start placing the wall train station and continue from there. There is only one manual step after building the wall: Placing one logistic bot in each roboport.
Theorically you should be able to let the wall build itself placing the bare minimum yourself(Roboports, chests, inserters, combinators and poles) and providing the rest of the materials via train but it would take forever.
Final Considerations
  • Using the Rail In/Out
    if you are laying your rails in a grid aligned way and need a Rail In/Out in the wall, you should always start with this section aligning it to your rails. After that, the wall train station will only align to the same direction of the Rail In/Out section. So, if you place the Rail In/Out facing North the wall train station will only fit the matching patterns if facing North, no mattering how many sections (corners or straights) in between.
  • Non closed walls(In between water masses)
  • Be careful placing the pieces that go in the water shores. When placing a new section, it always needs a robotport and its combinators. If you don't need the roboport,(you only need a small piece of a section and the already placed roboport cover the area) remove the inserter, combinator and chests after placing the new section. Alternatively, you can fill the water to allow space for the roboport and combinators.
Blueprints
Foreman
Blueprint String

Trepidati0n
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: 22 Billion Wall. Modular - Bucket brigade

Post by Trepidati0n »

I see you do the arrow thing I like I do on my wall BP's so you know your roboports are going the right way. :)

However, I have been working on an "upgrade" using the wires using the variables R and L. Thus from one to set request form left or request from right.

Another upgrade I just added was for the trains. I have my resupply of the wall on its own loop. The problem is I didn't want to have dozens upon dozens of stations. so what I do is at every stop I have both an A and B station in parallel and just set then to move when inactivity > 1 seconds. This way, no matter how many I add...the train will keep moving along toggling between A and B w/ no change to the station system. To stop the train at the main depot just use a signal set to close if you don't need stuff.

HammerPiano
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by HammerPiano »

Trump will approve it, guaranteed :D
Nice idea, might try it in super death world

Redominus
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Redominus »

Trepidati0n wrote:I see you do the arrow thing I like I do on my wall BP's so you know your roboports are going the right way. :)

However, I have been working on an "upgrade" using the wires using the variables R and L. Thus from one to set request form left or request from right.

Another upgrade I just added was for the trains. I have my resupply of the wall on its own loop. The problem is I didn't want to have dozens upon dozens of stations. so what I do is at every stop I have both an A and B station in parallel and just set then to move when inactivity > 1 seconds. This way, no matter how many I add...the train will keep moving along toggling between A and B w/ no change to the station system. To stop the train at the main depot just use a signal set to close if you don't need stuff.
:o :o Very cool idea the A and B station thingy until 0.15 and station circuit deactivation.

Return to “Show your Creations”