Flamethrower ammo setup - its own refinery

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

riking
Inserter
Inserter

Flamethrower ammo setup - its own refinery

Post by riking »

I'm surprised nobody seems to have posted this before...

Basic Oil Processing has the perfect output ratio for Flamethrower ammo. So you can just stick a Chemical Plant on the output of a refinery and give it iron. The refinery will starve the plant, but who cares? It's personal ammo production.

I added it to the wiki: https://wiki.factorio.com/Flamethrower_ammo

hansinator
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Flamethrower ammo setup - its own refinery

Post by hansinator »

Nice, but did you notice the "show your creations" sub-forum?

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

Perfect ratio? what with the petroleum?

I use the universal barreling, and in my heavy oil facility i have prioritied heavy and light oil to barrels. This is without ratios ,flamethrower ammo supply anywhere i want =D

Bilka
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by Bilka »

The original picture in the post contained a setup for the excess petroleum but I cropped it for the wiki as it's unnecessary clutter.
I'm an admin over at https://wiki.factorio.com. Feel free to contact me if there's anything wrong (or right) with it.

vanatteveldt
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by vanatteveldt »

You think that's a self-contained flamethrower plant?

This is a self-contained flamethrower plant: :-)

"Just add water (TM)"

The gas is converted to fuel and used to power the plant, a single iron ore mine off to the left, and the smelter.

I didn't run any numbers so the ratios and power use are probably way off, but I let it run for a while on high game speed and it doesn't seem to get into a deadlock. You need to prime both power generator and smelter as the plant will stop if there is no iron and the refinery can't output gas.

[edit: update: I let it run some longer (actually, it continued on the background while I was posting ;)) and it does stop for the other reason: the fuel output is not consumed, causing the fuel plant to stop, causing the refinery to stop. If the belt backlogs as well the whole thing stops... So you need to remove the extra fuel, either by adding some consumption (radar, speed modules) or by siphoning off the excess. If I get really bored I'll try to come up with a module-based setup that is able to keep up with ]

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

Not exactly "high performance". Ammo needs high performance. And a slow ass fab isnt exactly this. What does it produce for a 0,1/s pumpjack?

AlexTheNotsogreat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by AlexTheNotsogreat »

aober93 wrote:Not exactly "high performance". Ammo needs high performance. And a slow ass fab isnt exactly this. What does it produce for a 0,1/s pumpjack?
Well, it's one refinement of oil every 100 seconds, giving 3 light/heavy oil and 4 petrol each time. so .03 L/H, and .04 P or .02 solid fuel per second. That would give one flamethrower ammo every 83.3 seconds, which isn't bad for essentially being an infinite system. And depending on your combat preference, that would be a good rate in the long term. as for the steam engine, it's 12.5 MJ of energy every 50 seconds (25MJ solid fuel * 50% efficiency of boilers) powering the 90kW pump jack and minor (let's say 30kW) drain from the refinery and chem plant. With a separate power system (if it is even necessary) and at least 1-3 more pump jacks, this adds up to practically infinite flamethrower ammo, one every 20s.

Return to “Show your Creations”