Resources from water and electricity.

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Resources from water and electricity.

Post by Mendel »

This is done using factorissimo with bobs & angel mods.

So basically, I am using dirt water electrolysis to get slag and convert that to resources.

Here is my basic water into ore converter facility. The four factorissimos on the right each make some slag from water and electricity.

So here is one of those four units. Note that I am just burning the gasses here but those could also be used for making sulphuric acid.

Here I process the slag into slag slurry:

I need a lot of purified water for the next step so the top middle factorissimo will do some water purification:

Here then the slag slurry gets further processed:

I need to deal with the side product of sulphuric waste water. I´m throwing it away here but of course if you need sulphuric acid, that could be made here. (I have too much of it at the moment so Im not doing that here)

Getting there, now the slurry is crystallized into ore!

The final step is just sorting and smelting of course

And then its just a matter of leading the stuff out into the bus.

End result is meager amount of iron, steel and copper plates. Now, provided that I have enough solar panels to provide the electricity, I can of course scale this infinitely to get all the iron and steel I will ever need.
I also get copper as a sort of byproduct. I have a lot of that, so Im mostly just storing it and of course using it to make all the pipes I need to make more of these units.

Now this is where you come in.

Please improve this, run the numbers if you like and help me make this more efficient before I make a hundred of these. :)

daniel34
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Resources from water and electricity.

Post by daniel34 »

Moved to Show your Creations.
quick links: log file | graphical issues | wiki

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Resources from water and electricity.

Post by Mendel »

just spotted from the angel mods help thread that there is a hard limit of 255(?) factorissimos before running out of layers and crashing the game.

So in that case the maximum feasible amount of these units would be something along the lines of 20 (because I need to save some factorissimos for use on other parts of the factory as well.)

Return to “Show your Creations”