My first completed free play

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

ryak2002
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

My first completed free play

Post by ryak2002 »

I didn't really do anything too fancy. Near the end i ended up being bottlenecked by processing units just waiting to build all the performance 3s and speed 3s. But other than that i was pretty happy with it.

Palpatine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: My first completed free play

Post by Palpatine »

Nice base!
You could have a two-way rail system you know, with proper stations so you don't have to build one for each mine.
Also the bottleneck between cable and circuit assemblers is pretty obvious even with blue belt. Since exactly 2 cable assemblers feed one circuit assembler, you can have inserters directly between them, especially with the stack upgrade.

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bleda »

1.5 cable assemblers feed one circuit assembler. so you can actually have 3 cable assembler feed 2 circuit assemblers. however, I like to just build one assembler 1 for circuit and one assembler 2 for cables. it's not perfect, but it's easier to set up and expand.

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

I always place circuits assemblers between wire cutters like in this picture, about to add processor and module assemblers on top of what is in the screenshot.

Putting wires onto a belt is ALWAYS a bad idea. The logistically efficient method is to bring the copper plates to wherever you are wanting to produce your circuits and make the wires on site directly attached to the circuit assemblers. (If you dont have stack bonus or fast arms, just use 2 arms for input into the wire assemblers and 2 arms from wire assembler to circuit assembler.) Since 1 copper plate = 2 wires, a belt full of wires is twice as slow as a belt full of copper plates, then you factor in the fact that there are no stacking bonuses when you use a belt which means you will have 2 arms setting wires onto a belt and 2 arms picking them back up to put into circuit assemblers, and you are left with the only option being to NEVER, EVER, EVER, put wires onto a belt or even think about storing wires. Wires are maybe the one resource you should ALWAYS make on demand and never store or transfer via belt or bot.

Is anyone aware of any other resources that work this way? Steel seems to smelt too slow for this strategy to work with iron plate to steel plate production, but the speed at which wires are produced means storage and belt/bot movement would be ludicrously inefficient.
Attachments
Not Done Yet
Not Done Yet
ChoclateChipFactory.png (933.42 KiB) Viewed 7688 times

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

I like to make a row of iron to steel, and then use the logistic robots to move the steel somewhere else.

i just started using logistic robots though honestly, felt no need for them to begin with. (because i could do everything they did without their help)
but they make the game quite easy, I could set up a area to basically mass produce... every item in the game... easily...
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

I refuse to use logistic bots, it just isn't the same game with bots. Repair bots are fine for a nice self-repairing perimeter, but placing logistics chests and the like just seems cheatsy doodles. It really takes away all the challenge of designing this ecosystem of interacting machines when you have the logistic bots because your placement and construction doesn't really matter anymore. I suppose liquids still have to all be done and connected correctly but no belt spagetti means no more design and innovation challenge and your logistic network cost electricity to function.

tetkris
Inserter
Inserter

Post by tetkris »

how much hours in this map ? can you send link to download save. good job

ryak2002
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by ryak2002 »

tetkris wrote:how much hours in this map ? can you send link to download save. good job
28 hours and sure.

Code: Select all

http://speedy.sh/gMgyV/autosave1.zip

Return to “Show your Creations”