More about trains

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

More about trains

Post by starxplor »

Well, I guess the signals did exactly what they were told to do... too bad that wasn't what I actually wanted them to do...
trains2.png
trains2.png (954.17 KiB) Viewed 7361 times

Bleda
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: More about trains

Post by Bleda »

that's exactly why we need pre-signals. come on, devs. don't wait with this until after the multiplayer!

torham
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by torham »

Looks like you need to train in using trains :)
I recommend OpenTTD

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Bleda wrote:that's exactly why we need pre-signals. come on, devs. don't wait with this until after the multiplayer!
+1. Although I think this is more of a Path signal (https://wiki.openttd.org/Signals#Path_signals)
torham wrote:Looks like you need to train in using trains :)
I recommend OpenTTD
There are simple cases that are impossible to implement with only the Block signal, no matter how hard you try. I have never played OpenTTD, but judging from the wiki they added more signal types exactly because the Block signal wasn't enough.

As to the original poster - your situation may be solved, but it is impossible to say without seeing the whole layout. In general, though, if you have a section where trains can go in both directions this entire section should probable be a single block.

starxplor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by starxplor »

Yes, it was a simple solution, I moved the upper line signals back along the track to make sure there was enough room for the entire train to be on the upper line, to not block cross traffic. I then added a second 'holding' rail in the middle of the long distance upper line so opposite direction trains can blow by each other. Since all trains are 3 storage cars long(iron, copper, stone), it is easy to plan lengths appropriately.

This post was more about how trains will do exactly what they are told, so be sure to tell them to do what you want, and test, lots and lots of tests.

As for OpenTTD, I took a look at it a while back and it just didnt pop out to me as something to keep playing.

Ric
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ric »

<3 OpenTTD
"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it's half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

jorgenRe
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jorgenRe »

And this is why i like to use two one way lines ;)
Effectivity FTW 8-)
Logo
Noticed the told change in FFF #111 so il continue to use my signature ^_^
Thanks for listening to our suggestions, devs :D!
I would jump of joy if we could specify which tiles spawned in a surfaces

Return to “Show your Creations”