Science T1 ( 1.5/s ) and T2( 1.125/s )

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

SleeplessByte
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Science T1 ( 1.5/s ) and T2( 1.125/s )

Post by SleeplessByte »

I bought the game today and tried to automate my tier 1 and 2 science. This is about 4.5 hours in.

It currently produces way to much science for my 18 research labs :/

What do you think?

tralala
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Science T1 ( 1.5/s ) and T2( 1.125/s )

Post by tralala »

I think you've got the hang of it which means think big! :-)

Most people (including me) start way to small and realize later that one needs more space to scale up the production. That being said, your flask production capabilities are beyond any reasonable magnitude. ;-)
I usually play with two assemblies for red and green flasks and four assemblies for blue flasks. With T3 assembling machines this gives a (theoretical) output of 30 red, 25 green and 25 blue science packs per minute - that's enough for all practical purposes.
Blue science pack production is more difficult to set up and you'll need many more electronic circuits later on. I found it helpful to plan your factory layout based on producing massive amounts of electronic circuits and managing everything else around that purpose.

sciencemile
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Science T1 ( 1.5/s ) and T2( 1.125/s )

Post by sciencemile »

Only improvement I can think of from an initial glaze-over is to put a splitter at the beggining of the output line that goes from the Belt-Factory to the Green Science Pack factory, in order to increase the amount of reserve belts on the assembly line.

Right at the point where the line is about to turn north, you add the splitter, and make the bottom split turn northward as well; thus the belts coming in from southside split will come in on the empty side of the existing northward line.

Hope that makes sense.

Edit: also for a bit of min-max on optimization I think you could downgrade the Smart Inserters that are feeding the Belts into the Green Science factories, as the production speed doesn't require that speed of inserters and it would cut your energy expenses a bit. The Regular inserters would suffice.

Return to “Show your Creations”