My first world any tips?

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

FFGF
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

My first world any tips?

Post by FFGF »

I bought this game a few days ago and after a bit of getting to know the game I started my first world. I'm mainly grinding science packs for now and I kinda only used what I figured out. I would like some help or tips to make my base more efficient and having to fix some backpacks every couple minutes.
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =259285680
You can comment on there if you want to, instead of replying on the forums. I don't have the monsters on either.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: My first world any tips?

Post by Garm »

Since you have no biters - go nuts :)

My advice is - try researching all automation (i.e all belts, splitters and inserters) then play with them alone. Try making faster complexes, or smaller ones whichever you prefer.

After that - oil - build some refineries, play with pipes.

Then - research logistic drones - try setting up few roboports and play solely with them.

Finally - try out railroads.

try combining 2 or 3 of things mentioned above and dont forget to make mistakes. Decide what style of play fits you best and experiment trying to achieve that (e.g I like handling large amount of items at once so my bases tend to be huge multitasking machines)

FFGF
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FFGF »

Garm wrote:Since you have no biters - go nuts :)

My advice is - try researching all automation (i.e all belts, splitters and inserters) then play with them alone. Try making faster complexes, or smaller ones whichever you prefer.

After that - oil - build some refineries, play with pipes.

Then - research logistic drones - try setting up few roboports and play solely with them.

Finally - try out railroads.

try combining 2 or 3 of things mentioned above and dont forget to make mistakes. Decide what style of play fits you best and experiment trying to achieve that (e.g I like handling large amount of items at once so my bases tend to be huge multitasking machines)
Hmm, that's actually a good idea to help with my backup problem. My iron isn't getting to my factories fast enough to make gears so maybe speeding up the iron-belts will make a difference. Thanks :D I've been having a problem with that for a bit. I'm just starting with oil production right now and I hope I don't do something that eventually it isn't worth the effort of fixing and I don't have to start a new world. I'm about to find the research necessairy to make the blue science packs and then i'm going to start automation on that. Again thanks.

dann999
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by dann999 »

I think that you don't have enough furnaces. You get a lot of iron, but you can't smelt it fast enough so your belts are blocked. Try to make more furnaces on both sides of belts. Furthermore, i think this chest near furnaces is unnecessary. If you will make furnaces on both sides, inserters will put plates on both sides of belt :)

BurnHard
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BurnHard »

Miners dont need inserters. They can drop directly onto belt, into chest or even furnace. I attached a screenshot from my 16-hour-game. Maybe you find some ideas for base-design.
Attachments
Screenshot 2014-05-08 10.30.09.jpg
Screenshot 2014-05-08 10.30.09.jpg (998.1 KiB) Viewed 6773 times

schwarzie2478
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by schwarzie2478 »

Thanks for the screenshot, many good idea's :-)

FFGF
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by FFGF »

Thanks for the tips :3. I've taken what all of y'all have said and made some changes accordingly: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =259505661
Firstly I was able to get some oil and make my first plastic, which I then used to craft electric furnaces. I think added more miners for copper and coal and made a copper-smelting area and am in the process of expanding and improving the iron-smelting area. Now I am on to making Science Pack 3s for research, which is in my view beyond expensive. But I hope I can have enough plastic-production to keep up with my plastic-demand for Science Pack 3s.

Return to “Show your Creations”