Another puzzle

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Another puzzle

Post by Garm »

Try to figure out what goes where in this intersection :P

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Another puzzle

Post by ssilk »

:shock:
To be honest: I'm sure it can be solved with logistic bots much more elegant: for each intersection make a small logistic network. 2 roboports with 100 bots should be enough, if you keep the distances small.if you move only every second belt like so it will make sense. But you seem to like such stuff. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

Oh i would've done it with robots except it would either be MUCH larger, or have much smaller throughput.

This line can essentially pass through itself 16 high-speed belts worth of stuff. In order to provide solid coverage i have to separate roboports to handle only 2-4 belts at once. In order to achieve similar throughput I would need relay line approx 4 roboport wide or 200 blocks.

If I cut corners and set up single relay line using roboports this entire system will choke rather quickly, loosing multiple robots as well.

Edit: there is also a problem in priority. as well as belt-chest-belt transfer. Because each belt needs 16 blue inserters each intersection would need only 512 inserters alone as well as 256 requester and provider chests per intersection. It's not really viable yet.

Edit 2: in fact much better way to simplify this design is to have railroad stations within storage areas bypassing the need for belts altogether, alas without proper railroad signaling and logic system this is impossible atm.

Ric
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ric »

I've played a lot of OpenTTD so this isn't too much trouble to follow ;)

Quite...erm, elaborate? Maybe a little over the top but whatever floats your boat.
"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it's half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

Yeah OTTD is leaking.

These lines are surprisingly easy to make, when you get used to them, As long as one plans accordingly and not afraid of ugly it tends to work out.

Ric
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Ric »

I'm in love with logistics in my main base so don't really build conveyors anymore, lol....conveyors are great for certain jobs though.
"To the optimist, the glass is half full. To the pessimist, it's half empty. To the engineer, the glass is twice the size it needs to be"

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

I have two main reasont why I use conveyors:

- once you get items on the belt they can move a lot of material, not in terms of speed but in terms of items\second. Drones best for short distances, trains for large, belts are ideal in the middle.

- belts are very good at pinpointing bottlenecks and shortages.

Choumiko
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Choumiko »

Why the heck is this screenshot sooooo wide? Do you play on 3 monitors side by side? That's actually more confusing to me than the belt design ;)

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

Yep 3 monitors 5760x1080

nepp95
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by nepp95 »

And I thought mine was kind of big...