Show me your map! :3

Post pictures and videos of your factories.
If possible, please post also the blueprints/maps of your creations!
For art/design etc. you can go to Fan Art.

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Show me your map! :3

Post by Kyte »

I want see your maps! :D

Highlight your areas and compare them with others.
How you build your factories? All together or seperated like mine.
Do you destroy your smelting factorys after the mines runs out or build transport trains?

I show you my map :3

BTW: The facility above my not created science factory are the science labs!(Forgot to put a text there^^)

Greetings Kyte
My awesome mod! Dustcraft! (At the moment Work in Progress)
This mod adds Uranium, Atomic Power, Radiation, new type of cars and more!
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =32&t=3334

dj_lefull
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Show me your map! :3

Post by dj_lefull »

My Map layout is this
Factorio 2014-05-03 22-52-26-18.jpg
Factorio 2014-05-03 22-52-26-18.jpg (196.39 KiB) Viewed 14325 times
Starting a Factorio Series called "My Experiences Shared", where share what i've learned about the game, Requests are open.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL ... 1YtCf0DXmh

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kyte »

That looks like a real huge solar farm x3

But I think that I will switch to uranium soon hehe :3

Looks pretty good and well-ordered.

Greetings Kyte

dj_lefull
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dj_lefull »

Factorio 2014-04-28 22-44-58-16.jpg
Factorio 2014-04-28 22-44-58-16.jpg (260.15 KiB) Viewed 14234 times
Ordered? Nah, it is my first map. that Solar Farm can just power all my factories at once :P
Starting a Factorio Series called "My Experiences Shared", where share what i've learned about the game, Requests are open.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

I prefer to favour larger builds:

World 1
World 4
World 6

Kyte
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kyte »

That looks great :D

Nice massive builds ^^

Greetings Kyte

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I like, how the map looks (especially world 6) with the written description on it. Something like that in game would be really useful! I think to "naming of areas".
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Inzann »

Garm wrote:Efficient walls that allow me to produce as much pollution as I need to
How did you make them effecient like this? I am on my first playthrough and I am having a hard time defending, they keep tearing down my walls. I placed a shitload of turrets but the waves are just getting bigger.

dj_lefull
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by dj_lefull »

Set your walls with at least two layers i say and make sure that you Place you turrets at least one behind (biters can reach over a wall), either use Laser turrets or Normal Turrets with Piercing rounds, make sure to research for better damage (Big biters hurt and take a lot to go down and normal ammo against them doesn't do much damage at all)

Inzann
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Inzann »

I have researched turret damage as far as I could and have 2 layer of walls already. I will move my turrets back one square though. I tried placing 1 laser turret but I saw it totally killed my electric network with its consumption. How am I supposed to have an entire defense of laser turrets with that amount of consumption? :P

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

Inzann wrote:I have researched turret damage as far as I could and have 2 layer of walls already. I will move my turrets back one square though. I tried placing 1 laser turret but I saw it totally killed my electric network with its consumption. How am I supposed to have an entire defense of laser turrets with that amount of consumption? :P
Hundreds of solar panels, hundreds of accumulators, your problems go awaaaaayyyyyyy...

Or just go for low pollution and they never ever attack you. At all.

Garm
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Garm »

Inzann wrote:
Garm wrote:Efficient walls that allow me to produce as much pollution as I need to
How did you make them effecient like this? I am on my first playthrough and I am having a hard time defending, they keep tearing down my walls. I placed a shitload of turrets but the waves are just getting bigger.

This is basic outline of my walls

reason for 1+2 layer walls is simple: biters are capable of attacking across 1 block. 1st layer makes sure biters only damage it and nothing else, empty layer between allows me to see and reach damaged areas more easily. 2 layer walls are 2nd layer of defence - if biters break through 1st wall they wont be able to attack turrets outright.

Poles are placed close enough to provide 100% coverage. Every other pole has lamp nearby to make sure entire perimeter remains well lit at night.

In the beginning I place 1 turret as seen below. later on I can upgrade the density to 2-3 solid layers of turrets.

Final touch involves placing roboports around perimeter to fix any damage.

This is the final form of my perimeter walls. Notice 1 additional wall separating my wall segments.

You will need fields of solar panels, or extremely huge steam powerplants to support such walls.
Power consumption

Jump
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Jump »

My map is finished:

This was my spawn point in my first game since 0.5.x.

solardarity
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by solardarity »

Welp, here's my current save.

Resource options maxed out, but biter base options maxed out too. Has been a challenge.

I have a pretty widespread logistic system now, even though belts are still used for a big portion of my production.

Future plans are to start working on a railroad for when all close proximity resources run out and I have to push further into biter territory to acquire more (especially iron). Also plan to remove the boilers entirely when my solar farm is sufficiently big enough that the accumulators can run my factories and mass numbers of laser turrets during the nights.

Here's a quick snap of the production part of my factory:

Teurlinx
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Teurlinx »

My first sandbox game. A very compact and 'organicly grown' base. Not too large boiler section NE from the production centre, much larger solar farm to the NW. Lots of belt sprawl to the mining areas despite train track and a station.

My second and substantially larger sandbox game. The actual factory part is very compact, barely even visible on the map. It's mostly between the lakes and the solar farm. Above 'Spoon' are the furnaces and above the '1982' is the chemical processing. A small (horizontally stretched) boiler section above the smelters in the NW corner of the factory.

Vannflyhite is the latest oil production hub servicing the new western rail yard. The eastern rail yard has 4 unloading stations, one for every type of resource. All track is right-hand operation only double track.

South of the factory is fairly obvious, the tracks followed the mining areas, expanding ever further out as needed. The western track was built to tap into more resources, but I never found many in that area :lol:

Also lots of dots with laser turret bastions showing biter base clearing routes.

Return to “Show your Creations”